News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gen front spoilers.

Started by Khyron, March 18, 2007, 11:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I've been interested in this since Brian first told me about his hunt for one. So I ask everyone.

I see one on our local TV superstar Mr. Angry, I've seen them on a few others on the site. SO where can I buy, or what can I use to get a front spouler for my 69 Charger?

Pics would be great as well.

so Mike, what did you use for a front spoiler?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

THE CHARGER PUNK

NYCMille

Yep... there are all sorts you can use though - I have a friend who is modifing one from a 70 split bumper Camaro to fit his Charger. I'm really looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

4forty

I shamlessly copied Mr. Angry, love the look. thanks Mike!     ( I'm sure you'll be ripping the spoiler off after a few jumps in future episodes of Bullrun.)

Hemidog

sweetest 500 i ever seen

Brock Samson

yeah and it's just made of cardboard!

(I kid, I kid)

charger_mike75

wouldn't a daytona spoiler work?, it looked like it would bolt on with little modification.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 19, 2007, 08:22:55 AM
;)

I really like the look of the Charger on the ad. That spoiler looks kick ass.

I have also done some pricing on the 69 Camero spoiler, and the repop's on E-Bay are around $40.00-$45.00. Cheep for a cool look. I was thinking of getting one myself, but now I might try to find one like the one in the ad.

Chris, any idea if that type of spoiler was used on Mopar? Thanks.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger_Fan

This one's from an eGouge ad from a couple years ago, claimed he said he was making them & they'd bold right on with no drilling.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

thanks guys. I'll have to hunt one down and see what I can do. But I think i'll buy a second valance first. I can't drill original metal ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

dkn1997

RECHRGED

kab69440

If there are any around you, the pedestal spoiler from the 84-86 Daytona and Lazer is the perfect width and depth for a 2nd gen's front valance. That's what I am going to adapt to my car. The turned down ends make a beautiful swept back look.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

kab69440

Here's mine. No, I'm not going to mount it to the hood. ;)
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ricardo

Any updates in the front spoiler for 1970 Charger?.

70charger_boy

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

JR

Ya know fiberglass is pretty easy to work with. It shouldn't be too hard to make one up. I've never done it, but I know a guy here who is building a full size replica of the Batmobile out of fiberglass.

If that dude can build that, surely someone can make a spoiler. Now where's my hammer.... :smash:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

plum500

Any tips/ideas on how to mount something like the one on that 500?

terrible one

Quote from: plum500 on September 07, 2007, 12:49:32 PM
Any tips/ideas on how to mount something like the one on that 500?
Bolt it to the cross brace that the bumperettes bolt to maybe?

HITMAN 149

khyron....
i asked mike a while ago about his spoiler also (LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS ON MR ANGRY!!!).. and yes it's a 69 camaro spoiler.
here is a link he sent me... either way they are cheap enough to find!!!
good luck....
-JOHN

http://www.ss396.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=camaro6769&Product_Code=MHQ-0337

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Ghoste

Khyron, I thought you were doing a DMCL clone?

BigBlockSam

QuoteI might try to find one like the one in the ad.

yea i like that one too
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Silver R/T

it can be functional if you are going pretty fast
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69charger2002

pretty sick that camaro guys can have a repro spoiler built and sold by a vendor at a profit for $29.. imagine if someone started listing them on ebay as HEMI R/T 69 CHARGER FACTORY FRONT SPOILERS! the asking price for that exact spoiler would be $159.. amazing how mopar works. it's depressing at times. if mopar repro prices were somewhere CLOSE to in line with chevy and ford guys, my collection would all be nice and new by now. instead of putting the "best of the best" of used parts on my cars.. back on topic.. that camaro spoiler looks great on a charger.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/