News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fel-Pro 1009 gasket/eddy heads

Started by HDCharger, March 18, 2007, 07:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDCharger

Ron, Thanks Buddy I appreciate the help.  Been to Vegas a couple times myself and it is pretty cool.  Changed the oil in the Charger and it appears to be doing good on the water leak problem.  She is not hardly as loud as it was but the noise is still there.  I'm going out right now to up the pre-load to 3/4 and see what that does.  Couldn't resist taking her down the road yesterday since all the family was over since my nephew leaves for the Air Force tomorrow.  Even ticking like a diesel she is wicked fast, but I am scared to run it much till I get this problem solved.  Dave
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

torqueflite

Hi, just looking at the pic's , i noticed you are still useing the factory rocker hold down clamps.
The 'Hughes Engines' clamp set gives you heeps more bearing surface on the sides of the rocker arms, they are nice hardened steel ones ,I've just fitted a set to my 383 ,
I did notice that some of my factory clamps were quite worn on the sides and the new set I put in allowed me to better position the rocker arms. Anyway could be somthing else to look at. cheers.

HDCharger

I Just bought a set of the Hughes clamps but they are wider and throw the rollers off to the side of the valve tip.  I am going to have to do some grinding on them to get them to work with the pro magnums.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: HDCharger on April 24, 2007, 05:54:49 AM
I Just bought a set of the Hughes clamps but they are wider and throw the rollers off to the side of the valve tip.  I am going to have to do some grinding on them to get them to work with the pro magnums.

I bought them last year but I'm still looking at them.   I got a new tabletop belt / disc sander finally.    I'll probably work on them soon.   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.