News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

petty blue third generation

Started by dodgeboy67, March 18, 2007, 04:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgeboy67

doesnt someone here own a petty blue super bee(71 i think) with painted bumpers and a hood that is almost completely black????im trying to show someone how good the color combo looks.....but i can only find the pics of the green one and the purple one

TruckDriver

I have these pictures of two different '72 Rallyes. My car will be Petty blue when done too. But look more like the bottom car :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

UFO

Motor Trend road tested one in `72

UFO

Even stated petty blue.

TruckDriver

I never saw that pic before, cool! :yesnod:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

When is the last time you heard the phrase "smooth as a 16 year old thigh"? That's enough to get you thrown in jail these days! :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

jasonfromIKILLYA

what is the color code for petty blue?  I've had several people refer to mine as that color but it's not the color of the one in the first 2 pictures, that's for sure.  mine is B3
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

TruckDriver

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on March 19, 2007, 10:45:32 AM
what is the color code for petty blue?  I've had several people refer to mine as that color but it's not the color of the one in the first 2 pictures, that's for sure.  mine is B3

For 1972, the code is B1, Powder Blue. (I think)

PETE

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

twilt

Quote from: hemihead on March 19, 2007, 02:11:52 PM
Try TB3    ::)

Hey Hemi  :wave:   Are you not visiting the 3rd Gen board anymore?

wetfeetmi

I LOVE Petty blue. I can't find the color code with PPG so I am going with B3 on my Daytona clone.

TruckDriver

Quote from: wetfeetmi on March 19, 2007, 05:32:25 PM
I LOVE Petty blue. I can't find the color code with PPG so I am going with B3 on my Daytona clone.

That looks to dark to me. I neither have ever actually seen any paint chips with a paint code before. I have also heard of about 5 different ideas to what that actually paint code was used by Chrysler. I have also been told a few times it was different every year :-\
PETE

dodgeboy67

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

gtx6970

Weren't 72's actually called Basin Street Blue ?

TruckDriver

When you look at the paint chip sheet, B3 looks way to dark, even if you lighten the pictue up a little :P But then again, it does almost match the car in the Motor Trend picture.
PETE

WM23N1

Here is one im thinkin about buying..74 se 440, PG 4 -speed recent paint and top just needs  a little finishing.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

THE CHARGER PUNK

RallyeMike

I have a bunch of original paperwork from the dealer in 72 that came with my Charger. The sales brochure, with color chart, calls it "Super Blue" for that year. B1 which is the lightest shade of blue offerred, is simply called "Light Blue".
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

THE CHARGER PUNK

how bout petty blue brazil generation?

TruckDriver

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 19, 2007, 11:03:34 PM
I have a bunch of original paperwork from the dealer in 72 that came with my Charger. The sales brochure, with color chart, calls it "Super Blue" for that year. B1 which is the lightest shade of blue offerred, is simply called "Light Blue".

See, this is why I'm not really sure what the real code is. Every one has something different on the correct code. According to the PPG chart above, it says B1 is "Powder Blue", which looks correct to me. And B3 "Blue Streak", to me looks a little to dark :-\
PETE

TruckDriver

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on March 19, 2007, 11:00:14 PM

Well, I guess I know where my photoshop pic started out at ;D
PETE

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: hemihead on March 19, 2007, 02:11:52 PM
Try TB3    ::)

what does this mean?  are you chastising me for not including the "t" or are you saying that TB3 is petty blue?

according to those threads, my car IS petty blue or as close as they came to making a factory version from 72 on.  too bad I hate blue.....
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

hemihead

TB3 IS the code for Basin Street Blue. Try Decaf, it is just as tasty as your regular brand.  ;D
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

RallyeMike

Basin Street Blue is the Plymouth name for the equal Dodge color.

I've renamed the color of my car to Porta-Potty Blue. Amazingly, the color did not change when I renamed it. It's still the same eye-popping blue.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/