News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I buy this?

Started by Brian in GA, March 01, 2007, 02:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian in GA

I just ran across a Charger this week.

The quick backstory:  An old guy who had lived there forever was a certified car nut.  He had so much crap he bought over the years and just parked around his house, You couldn't even get in the driveway.  It's like he was trying to start his own junkyard.  At any rate, he died a couple months ago, and his son is clearing out all the cars.  I believe he's selling them for scrap and having them hauled off for scrap iron.

I took a walk around the place this week, and the only thing I saw worth salvaging was a Charger.  I'm a second generation guy, so I didn't pay it a ton of attention, but I got the vin, which decoded as a 1974 318 Charger.  It has the motor in the car, is a column shift with bench seat, and has air conditioning.  I figured I may be able to pick it up for a couple hundred or so, and part it out if some 3rd gens needed anything.  The hood, decklid, fenders and so forth are good.  Rust around the rear quarters, floorpans, you know the deal.

I know if I found a 2nd gen in this shape, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  I just don't know the 3rd gen market, what's needed and what stuff goes for.  Thought I might be able to make a couple bucks and give some guys on here some deals (as opposed to paying a fortune on e-bay) at the same time. 

Let me know what you think.

Wheels of Terror

Buy it and we Third Genners will come :yesnod: I ned stuff.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

400/6/PAC

I'll take the rear bumper chrome and the front and rear valance.

mikepmcs

couple hundred bucks and you don't own it yet. :icon_smile_big:  i bet you make that back on the first couple parts you sell.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brian in GA

Guess I'll go talk to the guy this week.  I thought if I could make a few bucks to put toward my 68 project, that would be great.  I have no idea what the demand or price range is for '74 stuff.  My wife would kill me if I pulled another car in the yard unless it was going to make money.

Thanks for the input! 

hemihead

I might be interested in the Bench Seat and Column  :icon_smile_big:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

The70RT

Tell her it will be a quc :icon_smile_big:ikie and she will benifit
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nacho-RT74

eeeehm... interior color ? I'M NEEDING BADLY white parts like lower quarters, door windlace, etc...

need also A pillar, bucket backs and kicks but those can be found at least as repro, but no 74 rear lowers.

Oh, of course INTERLOCK CONTROL UNIT coming from USA car, not canadian. Located underdash at a side of glove box
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

supserdave

We bought one that was similar or worse, and sold the front and rear bumpers and valances for 450! Get it!