News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OOPS!, Least it wasn't a Charger

Started by TruckDriver, March 18, 2007, 12:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

I wasn't wearing a seat belt. The Doctor's said if I had my seat belt on I'd be dead. Everything in the car was pushed into me. The steering wheel was holding me tight against the seat. It ruptured my intestines. If I would have had the seat belt on I wouldn't be here now.

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 19, 2007, 01:14:51 AM
I wasn't wearing a seat belt. The Doctor's said if I had my seat belt on I'd be dead. Everything in the car was pushed into me. The steering wheel was holding me tight against the seat. It ruptured my intestines. If I would have had the seat belt on I wouldn't be here now.

hmmm makes you think  huh?  I had my airbag deploy because i was wearing my seatbelt and had second degree "burns" on my arms.  My friends little sister lost her whole upper lip and most of her lower lip becasue of airbags...another frind could not get out of the car due to the seatbelt and died before help could come...bled out....make you wonder how things that are supposed to save lives can actually do more harm than good sometimes.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Charger1973

That reminds me of this car...  Is this guy a member here by chance?  I am always in shock whenever I see these pics that the guy is still alive. 

http://www.windvisions.com/Charger/1971.html

TruckDriver

I don't believe in seat belt unless I'm doing some sort of racing. And I don't do to much of that. Seatbelts make me feel claustrophobic and tied down against my will. Like you ladies said, I too have my share of stories of friends that would of lost their lives IF they were wearing their seat belts. I have motor cycle helmet stories like that too. It works both ways, but when it is your time to go, nothing will save you. Just driving a motor vehicle is playing Russian roulette.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

whitehatspecial

OT. For all the non-seatbelt users, I hope you buckle up your children despite your personal preferences. Like them or not seatbelts save lives and wearing one will greatly improve your chances of surviving a serious accident. There are exceptions to this, but after hearing stories from the ER (my wife is a tech at a local hospital) I would never drive without wearing one.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

TruckDriver

My boys are ALWAYS buckled up when they get in a car with me. I tell them, when they turn 18, then hey can make up there own minds.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

694spdRT

I know three people that died from being thrown out of the vehicle. One was a good friend and the force of hitting the ground killed him instantly.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Charger_Fan

I'm not an avid fan of seatbelts either, same with helmet laws. I believe it should be up to the individual to make up his/her own minds about wearing them & not have big brother do it for you.

Every crash is different. Some are more beneficial for seatbelt use & some aren't...unfortunately, you never know which one you're gonna have...so on that note, sometimes I wear them, most of the time I don't. The times I do wear them are usually when it's one big sheet of ice & the possibility of a rollover is quite high. :icon_smile_tongue:

Oh & yes, I do prefer helmets...the full face kind, you can see better at 80 mph wearing one. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 19, 2007, 11:28:22 AM
I'm not an avid fan of seatbelts either, same with helmet laws. I believe it should be up to the individual to make up his/her own minds about wearing them & not have big brother do it for you.

I would think that the decision as to whether or not you are going to wear your seat belt should be up to the person in who is in charge of paying your medical / rehabilitation bills while you are layed up in a coma and unable to support your family.   :D

I wear mine all of the time as it is the law and here in ON they not only issue a fine ($100.00 + CDN), the ticket is also good for two points, which can affect your insurance rates.

I remember seeing a car at a salvage yard many years ago that had the classic head-butt in the windshield and there was still hair and two teeth still embedded in the glass.   :puke:

I have too much to live for to not wear a seat belt.   :yesnod:

71ChallengeHer

I made my son wear a selt belt when he was home.  My daughter has to wear her's too.   But I won't wear one. If I can find the pics of the Vette accident I was in before my Cuda accident.  I'll post them .  That was another accident , that they only thing that saved our lives was getting thrown from the car , because it rolled so many times.  They have their odds and I have mine .  2 serious car accidents and I'd be dead if I had my selt belt on.  But that's my choice not to wear one.  Now if I'm in someone else's car and they ask me to, I will .  I respect them and their vehicle.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 19, 2007, 05:21:50 PM
But that's my choice not to wear one.  Now if I'm in someone else's car and they ask me to, I will .  I respect them and their vehicle.
:iagree:
PETE

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 19, 2007, 05:21:50 PM
I made my son wear a selt belt when he was home.  My daughter has to wear her's too.   But I won't wear one. If I can find the pics of the Vette accident I was in before my Cuda accident.  I'll post them .  That was another accident , that they only thing that saved our lives was getting thrown from the car , because it rolled so many times.  They have their odds and I have mine .  2 serious car accidents and I'd be dead if I had my selt belt on.  But that's my choice not to wear one.  Now if I'm in someone else's car and they ask me to, I will .  I respect them and their vehicle.

I am not totally sure of the law (pretty sure of it in NJ), but if you are unbuckled in a car the driver pays for the ticket unless you are over 18 then you are responsible for the ticket if you are not wearing it and are not the driver...just a note.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!