News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can I use this door latch? Please say yes :)

Started by Corellian Corvette, March 14, 2007, 08:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

I'm in need of a set of drivers-side door latch and assembly for my 68 charger. Had a repsonse and got them, and below is a picture of what I got. My re-painted one is on the right, the one I got is on the left.

Since I don't remember how these came out, I'm not sure if I can use them - but I sure HOPE so! Please say these will work!

8WHEELER

You can tell by where the holes are for the door lock rods, that one is not the same as
the other, now it could be for a 69 or 70, so it would not be easy to make the rods the
correct lengths.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Corellian Corvette

See i'm not sure what goes in those holes.

The bottom hole, and the one in the middle, are both in the same place. It's just that the newer latch is missing the hole in the top.

Can anyone identify this new latch?

resq302

I thought all door latchs from 68-70 were the same.????? ???
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

daytonalo

Has anyone ever disassembled a latch to have it re-plated ???????????????

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on March 15, 2007, 11:37:22 AM
Has anyone ever disassembled a latch to have it re-plated ???????????????

if you mean totally disassemble the latch piece by piece no we take the clips off and send them out like that one color plating
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BB1

Delete my profile

MTPOCKET

Here is a pic of mine. Hope it helps you. Passenger side.