News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

402 oil pan PICK UP tube

Started by sfbullittcharger, March 14, 2007, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfbullittcharger

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a oil pick up tube or strainer for a B body, Charger with a 440 cu in. I'm positive about one thing, that the 402 pan that I have has the baffles in them so I guess I would need a Dog Leg tube. The original P/N was 2532403 and my oil pan is the shallow type 4 qts less filter. I keep leaning over to the Mopar Performance P/N P5007848 but it keep specifying it is for a 6 QT oil pan P/N P5007807. Don't know if that would work. Please help. Thanks
sfbullittcharger :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :flame:

8WHEELER

I am running my stock 402 pan pick up tube on my newer stile street Hemi pan. It
is only about 3/8 from the bottom of the Hemi pan, its been on there for 7yrs with
no problems at all, the Hemi pan holds much more oil as you know.
Anyway, I just buy my pick tube from mopar, I did not think there was a
difference between the non baffled pick up tube and the one with baffles, I
could be wrong.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

sext7366

On my 383 I was told to just bend the pickup ...yeah I said bend it, but be very careful when doing so, cause you dont want it totally flat against the bottom of the pan.