News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How hard is it to rebuild my steering gear?

Started by chargercraig, March 14, 2007, 05:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargercraig

MY money pit is suckin me dry. :icon_smile_dissapprove: Has anyone overhauled their steering gear? How hard is it? (68 charger). Need to save money where I can. Also, I have the same question for the pump (federal).   :icon_smile_question:

resq302

The steering box requires some special tools to redo it.  I tried to do a steering box in my dads el camino and fought it to death.  Having a pro do it is money well spent as they know what the limits of run out for the wearing areas would be.  Power steering pumps are fairly easy from what I remember.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto