News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not Again....

Started by TruckDriver, March 11, 2007, 09:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Dukesfest '07 ::) I hope they buy there jumpers from HALPG and save a lot of people some misery :icon_smile_evil:

http://www.cootersplace.com/dukesfest.asp

We get to enjoy more great scenes like this.... ::) ::) :P :'(

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69bronzeT5

Id love to go to Dukesfest but thats taking it too far! Now, Id rather go to Carlisle.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

rt green

what a god dam waste. makes me sick to see that
third string oil changer

terrible one

Quote from: rt green on March 11, 2007, 10:03:51 PM

I agree. I'd love to have that car and drive it around for years to come instead of watching them destroy it...

Harlow

Brock Samson

that's a lot of folks standing around how much they charge,... er,,, um sorry... per head?..

Alain426

why they dont take another car, similar,   like the camaro at the end of the movie vanishing point:)

Judhudson

Hey, all of us General Lee owners (well, most of us?) would love to see it not jumped or for them to use another model and make it look like a charger.  It's all about the bigger folks who have control over this. 

I hate to see this happen, even with the cop cars! I wish they could just do chases or if they could jump chevys or fords.

Brock Samson

perhaps you could direct us to the ahem,. "bigger" folks..  :flame:

Ghoste

I have a friend who lives by the mantra, "people are morons".  This only helps his case.

pettyfan43

Guys relax, The car that was jumped at Dukesfest this last year, was BEAT!!! The car was trashed from one end to another. It was all bondo and patched up.

The grille was pieced together from several pieces and the center was a piece of metal cut to look like the center of a 69 grille. The thing didn't have a straight panel on it.

From what I have read about these cars they are pretty much used up.

The only thing that does bother me about em is that some of the cars could be good candidates for resto/rebuild.

Ghoste

No matter how you justify it, a grandstand full of people who are paying money to watch some idiots jump a classic car is wrong. 

Drache

There was that one guy on ebay who paid something like $25k to restore a General Lee and then put it on ebay. The ad stated you were bidding on what was left over AFTER the car was jumped! If I remember correctly it was an R/T as well!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Charger1973

Quote from: Drache on March 12, 2007, 12:06:57 AM
There was that one guy on ebay who paid something like $25k to restore a General Lee and then put it on ebay. The ad stated you were bidding on what was left over AFTER the car was jumped! If I remember correctly it was an R/T as well!

Also the same guys who claim to be making the new $4000 a pair repro quarter panels. 

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

MoparManJim

Guys, the chargers that these guys are jumping are out right junk chargers that won't go back on the road anymore or won't see the road anymore because they are roted to far away so the only good thing is to jump them. These cars has alot of bondo on them, if you watch as they land an hit the ground pieces of bondo littery fly off the charger body with alot of rusted away pieces of metal also coming off the car, The grills out all crack up or broken an just repaird good enough for the jumps, afew of the chargers that was used over the past few years like in the Birstol jump, Corey had oil presure problems as the presure was droping as he was taking off up the hillside to get a good run down the hill to the ramp, he had just good speed to luach the car off the ramp to get some air but not much. The one car that went over the RV had no trunk as when he hit the ramp the weight from the blast that was bolted down in the charger trunk WENT through the trunk floor and through the ramp an into the ground as thats why that General Lee went nose first dose dive right into the ground an end over end. 

What some of you always for get is how bad of shape these cars are really in when they are pick for the jumps, some have maybe 9 gallons of bondo on an just made nice enough for the jumps only, but under that bondo how much rust and metal are really left? not very much really. 

Jim

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

41husk

the people who plop down good money to see the spectacle are the ones to blame, If no one wanted to see it it would stop!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ghoste

Sorry Jim, no matter how bad those cars are or what brand they are, when it comes to a classic, it sickens me to think of a bunch of yahoos paying money to see it wrecked further.
Would you think it was right to see Muhammed Ali climb into the ring at 65 with Parkinsons to fight the current world champ? 

TripleBlackGator

At least I'm seeing the majority of replies are against this behavior. I use to feel I was of the minority when it comes to this senseless act. My question would be to the DOH fans and owners of GL clones how they feel about paying to see a car like theirs destroyed on purpose. The candidates might be basket cases but how many such basket cases have we seen successfully rebuilt on OVERHAULIN, AMERICAN HOTROD, RIDES etc. Why can't the fans be happy with stunt shows that involve precision driving and low level jumps that don't total cars. One car could be used year after year if treated with some respect. Yes I know I/we are beating a dead horse here but every time I see this happening my blood boils and if your a Charger fan yours should too. Wait until YEAR ONE or GOODMARK start making bodies of Chargers like they do currently of early Camaros. Then jump and crash away. They'll just make more. Dem Dukes, Dem Dukes my ass. More like dem jerks. Just my opinion.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

69-DodgeCharger

Quote from: terrible one on March 11, 2007, 10:26:32 PM
Quote from: rt green on March 11, 2007, 10:03:51 PM

I agree. I'd love to have that car and drive it around for years to come instead of watching them destroy it...

for real man, this just breaks my heart to see that

jasonfromIKILLYA

dudes, if it rolls straight enough to make that jump at that speed, it's restorable.  END OF STORY
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

terrible one

Quote from: Drache on March 12, 2007, 12:06:57 AM

Yeah, not to mention a 4 spd car!

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: Ghoste on March 12, 2007, 09:52:07 AM
Sorry Jim, no matter how bad those cars are or what brand they are, when it comes to a classic, it sickens me to think of a bunch of yahoos paying money to see it wrecked further.
Would you think it was right to see Muhammed Ali climb into the ring at 65 with Parkinsons to fight the current world champ? 

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :yesnod:  :yesnod:  :yesnod:  :yesnod:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger