News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chat trouble

Started by Charger1973, January 20, 2007, 05:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this message everytime I try to enter the chat room?  I did not violate any rules, so from what it says it looks like someone with the same ISP did and I get grouped in with them...?  How can I get back in?  I havent been able to access the chat at all for a couple days now.  Is anyone else having problems with this?  I already tried to email from the link provided and got no reply.   

???

Server Ban

irc.everywherechat.com
everywherechat.com
Ban message:"You are banned from this server - Tommy32"

This chat site is not allowing you to access because of a Server Ban that has been placed. This may or may not be intended to affect you personally; it may be intended to keep someone else from your same Internet Service Provider Company from accessing this site. You may contact the EveryWhereChat & ChatStop staff to request that the server ban be removed by clicking the button below.

Troy

You are on dial-up. Someone before you was apparently doing something bad enough to get banned and now you've inherited their IP address. If you close down your internet connection and then reconnect you should end up with a new IP and, hopefully, that will let you in.

FYI: we have a "Help" section... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger1973

Another downfall to being on dial up..   :-\

I really miss my wireless cable internet right about now... 

Charger1973

Still cant access the chat...  I emailed through the link it gives me twice and it did no good.  Didnt even get a response.   :rotz:

This sucks.  I got in once somehow but the next time I tried it said I was banned again.   ???   I was hoping the problem would go away in time but its been over a week...  :-\

Troy

Lemme see who's been playing with the ban lists again. Once upon a time someone banned an entire 'A' block...

EDIT: it's something on their end (everywherechat). Unfortunately, since they own the servers all I can do is put in a request. Seems like a good time to look at alternatives.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger1973

Thanks.  I used to frequent another web forum a few years back that used them, and I have never once had problems with it until recently...

Charger1973

Well it was working fine...  I havent used it in a week or so but I just tried to go to the chat tonight and I get this message now...   :-\

Ban message:"You are banned from this server - Tommy - Advertising - Perm Ban."