News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Skip68 and son Nick starting the resto PICS!!!

Started by mikepmcs, March 08, 2007, 07:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Here's the first installment of the first blue General Lee. J/K... But Chuck and son Nick are getting busy on the resto.

By the way the sander spun a bearing, that's why the hard core sanding. :icon_smile_big:

"Let the sanding begin"

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

Got a new sander! Yeah!  ;D He's in the garage now with our son, Nick, and the kid is sanding the hell out of it! (Free labor! Hahaha! :icon_smile_wink:) I love to see him do stuff with his dad! makes my heart happy! :icon_smile_big:
Mrs. Skip68
;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

OttawaCharger

Looking good!  :yesnod:
I would like to suggest a sanding block for the hand sanding to keep things flat and keep your hands from cramping!.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

skip68

I'm going to get some blocks in the morning.  ;)   What size should I buy?  :shruggy:  Thanks.   Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

73rallye440magnum

I bet your son is having a blast. It's pretty neat that you two are working together!
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

hemi-hampton

By all the different Size Blocks. Forgot the name but the semi hard black blocks come in a kit with many different shapes & sizes. A  DA Sander is a must. LEON.

skip68

Thanks hemi-hampton and Mike.  I'm going to do as much of the prep I can.   Can I put filler over the paint once it's sanded smooth ?   My car has several spots that need it to make it smooth as glass and that's what I want, SMOOTH AS GLASS.   :2thumbs:  My son is loving it and me too. He's the one behind the wheel when it goes in and out of the garage.  :drive:   I've got today off so I'll get some blocks and stuff.  Thanks guys.             Chuck.................

OttawaCharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 08, 2007, 11:36:09 PM
By all the different Size Blocks. Forgot the name but the semi hard black blocks come in a kit with many different shapes & sizes. A  DA Sander is a must. LEON.
I agree.   :yesnod: You can make some out of wood if you're unable to source any locally.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

73rallye440magnum

Search AFS sanding blocks on Google. Adjustable for countours, longer lengths available. HIGHLY reccomended. Well worth the money.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

skip68

Thank's 73ralleye440magnum.  I'll do that.   :2thumbs:

tan top

some good progress going on there  :yesnod:  , keep the pictures pictures coming :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

73rallye440magnum

No prob, skip. I've had them for about 3 months and they are EXCELLENT.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

mikepmcs

Ok, I gotta say it....the smurf patrol has struck back.  J/K
Here's some recent pics of Skip68(Chuck) and son Nick doing some nice work on the 68!!!

Looking good fellas, keep em coming!!!!

v/r
Mike

Ghoste

Technically Lee1 was blue for a little while, but I knew what you meant.

It's looking good and a blue GL will be a refreshing change.

AirborneSilva

mikepmcs

Quote from: Ghoste on March 13, 2007, 11:00:33 PM
Technically Lee1 was blue for a little while, but I knew what you meant.

It's looking good and a blue GL will be a refreshing change.

You are very correct sir... I have your proof right here.  I have a friend in Jim Shine.

the rest of my post was funny but got erased when the file/image was too big and I can't remember what I wrote cause it's late and i'm drinking dangit.

v/r
Mike

71ChallengeHer

That's awesome.It's great to see you and your son working together. I use to take my son to work every Sat.( At the Body Shop) He loved it. It's great bonding. I can't wait til it warms up so Shelby and I can go down and start working on her car.

Ghoste

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 13, 2007, 11:27:42 PMthe rest of my post was funny but got erased when the file/image was too big and I can't remember what I wrote cause it's late and i'm drinking dangit.
v/r
Mike

Me too, only I don't get funny, just stupid er. 

mikepmcs

No my crap was really funny and so sarcastic it's killing me.  I know you, of all people, would have appreciated my starhidismos behavior.

I'm a huge Cynic, what can I say. :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

I hijacked, I'm sorry!!! I can continue this in another thread or the PM machine :yesnod:

Ghoste

I don't think you can hijack your own thread.  ???
Anyway, was Lee1 the inspration for a blue GL or just because blue was the color of the Charger being done?

mikepmcs

Ironic.....I really don't want to continue this hijack. It's really not my thread.  It is Skip and son Nick's so I'm done with the banter for now.
I do enjoy posting pics of them both working on the 68.

If you would like to continue this, PM me and I will try to answer the questions posed. I do not know the answer to the last question but can find out for you from Jimmy and Travis.