News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl top...

Started by 69Charger_440, March 13, 2007, 11:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Charger_440

I am still debating on whether I should put a vinyl top back on my car.  After all the rust issues I have with the car now, due to the old vinyl, I am a bit nervous to put it on again.  Has anyone who has gone back to vinyl noticed any rust issues since they put it on?  Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the roof from rusting again if I were to put the vinyl again, besides the obvious answers such as not letting the car get wet  :devil:  , etc...?

Fernando

Dennis K

If you want to put a vinyl top on, then put it on. There are many things that you can do to make sure your top doesn't rust that the factory didn't do. Paint the roof completely, and seal all the holes for the roof emblems and trim clips. Keep the top in good shape and don't let it dry out and crack, and if it ever does crack, replace it immediately. The reason you see so many with rust under the vinyl is because years ago when the original vinyl tops dried out and cracked they were just 10 year old used and abused and neglected cars that nobody cared about because they were just going to trade them in anyway. Be careful with the installation and take good care of it and you won't have any problems.