News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger on CD

Started by dart3404, March 08, 2007, 07:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart3404

I was in FYE yesterday and found this. Never seen this group before. Anyone know who it is, or seen it before... I haven't used it yet so i have no idea about the music. The picture was cool so i got it.

dart3404

;D

70charginglizard

Dont know anything about the music but the interior of that car is green (just like mine) with woodgrain dash and woodgrain wheel...just like mine) and that rear view of it of the exterior is blue???
Wonder if they just photo shoped the exterior color and perhaps it's green too. If so that car would look almost just like mine, Even has cragers :thumbs:
70charginglizard

dart3404

The picture of the front looks green and the back looks blue on the cd, but my guess is it is a green car, strange. The plate on the car is
Alberta
HIT & RUN

tan top

never heard any of their music eather .. there is a member on here that has the first picture you posted as his avatar.. so he must be into their stuff.
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70charginglizard

That thing even has a vynal top of some kind. Wonder if it's ggator grain?

Put black bee stripe and some Kelly charger tires on it and it would be my car...lol

Cool.
70charginglizard

smasherofall

Chris G.

Quote from: dart3404 on March 08, 2007, 07:49:17 AM
Never seen this group before. Anyone know who it is, or seen it before...

According to our Northern brethren on the board, they are a Canadian version of Hansen. They can't even walk the streets in Saskatoon from what I hear.

dodgecharger-fan

Big Sugar is no more. They broke up at the end of 2005. Edit: it was 2004...

Gordie Johnson, the lead singer and guitarist, is now the front man for Grady, a project with him, Chris Layton (Stevie Ray Vaughan drummer) and a another guy who's name escapes me at the moment.

Gordie owns that car and has for a long, long time.

I'm not sure what Hansen is (not the three brothers that look like sisters? Mmmm Bop or something like that?), but Big Sugar was a pretty big deal in Canada and other parts of the world. They had some mild success in the U.S. - just not huge success.
I never heard of them not being welcome at home.

The band was made up of an eclectic group of musician's. Some very different backgrounds. All contributed and noting was stifled.
Gordie was more or less a blues kind of guy.
There were jazz musicians, reggae musicians, pop experience, everything.

Their live shows were LOUD! But good loud - not screaming noise-for-the-sake-of-noise loud.

They had many MOPAR themed album covers.

HEMIVision is probably the one album that saw some level of success in the U.S.

Magnumcharger

Quote from: Chris G. on March 08, 2007, 10:21:55 AM
Quote from: dart3404 on March 08, 2007, 07:49:17 AM
Never seen this group before. Anyone know who it is, or seen it before...

According to our Northern brethren on the board, they are a Canadian version of Hansen. They can't even walk the streets in Saskatoon from what I hear.

Chris Chris Chris......for shame!! HANSEN???
You know not what you say.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Charger_Fan

If for no other reason, they should have sold lots of albums merely because of the '70 Charger! :icon_smile_approve:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver68RT

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PU7KACnj2zc

My all time favorite band.  I've seen Grady, and they play a lot of the same songs, but it ain't the same.

moparsons

Quote from: Silver68RT on March 08, 2007, 02:46:25 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PU7KACnj2zc

My all time favorite band.  I've seen Grady, and they play a lot of the same songs, but it ain't the same.

That's was pretty cool!!! :rock:

Ghoste

Quote from: Chris G. on March 08, 2007, 10:21:55 AMAccording to our Northern brethren on the board, they are a Canadian version of Hansen. They can't even walk the streets in Saskatoon from what I hear.

Hansen?  Weren't they three infamous brothers who were hockey enforcers?  I'm surprised you've heard of them since they don't even own Chargers.

dodgecharger-fan

You can hear that CD above on their site: www.bigsugar.com

They stream full songs.

DOH! They changed it to only play the one song! Dang!

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: dart3404 on March 08, 2007, 08:17:30 AM
The picture of the front looks green and the back looks blue on the cd, but my guess is it is a green car, strange. The plate on the car is
Alberta
HIT & RUN

It is green.
It's still in Alberta at his homestead - if that's what it's called.

The Hit & Run on the plate - I'm not sure about that. It may have been done for the cover art. I dunno.

Drache

I had found that CD when it first came out and posted about it on the old forums! Figured it was pretty cool since it's a Canadian Car!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chris G.

Quote from: Drache on March 08, 2007, 06:03:06 PM
Figured it was pretty cool since it's a Canadian Car!

:scratchchin: Built at the Windsor plant I presume?  ;)

OK, so Hansen was a little off. I still say Night Ranger was the best Canadian band ever.  :P :musik010:

70 Battle Horse

YEAH!!!!!! Jens back !!! Good to see you back posting on the boards Jen!!!

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Big Sugar

For those uninformed . Gordie Johnson "Grady" Is also A huge Mopar fan himself. His father apparantly once owned a Dodge or Plymouth Dealership back in Alberta back in the 70's.
And If you havn't heard any of Gordies Work yet it's too Bad.
Really Addictive Music, Great Beat and needs Volume !
If your Driving a Mopar you owe it to yourself to keep a little Big Sugar on Hand ...Trust Me !
Gordies New band "Grady"  Has a Harder edge and Just Pounds it on !!

Give it a Whirl Kids.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

dart3404

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on March 08, 2007, 04:22:30 PM
Quote from: dart3404 on March 08, 2007, 08:17:30 AM
Alberta
HIT & RUN

It is green.
It's still in Alberta at his homestead - if that's what it's called.

The Hit & Run on the plate - I'm not sure about that. It may have been done for the cover art. I dunno.

thank you.

I listened to some of it last night, not bad...

Hey Randy Yup i'm back!  ;D

Dodge Don

Quote from: Ghoste on March 08, 2007, 03:57:35 PM
Quote from: Chris G. on March 08, 2007, 10:21:55 AMAccording to our Northern brethren on the board, they are a Canadian version of Hansen. They can't even walk the streets in Saskatoon from what I hear.

Hansen?  Weren't they three infamous brothers who were hockey enforcers?  I'm surprised you've heard of them since they don't even own Chargers.

Putting on the foil coach......

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on March 08, 2007, 10:52:49 AM

HEMIVision is probably the one album that saw some level of success in the U.S.

hence my plate on my 2005 Magnum r/t

HEMIVIZN  ;)

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

jasonfromIKILLYA

Another great Mopar band is Artemis Piledriver.  Most of you will probably hate it since it's in the genre called stoner.  It's not the stoner you're thinking either.  Think Skynard meets Slayer.  Great stuff!!  They have a song called Swamp Thing, that's about one of the members green charger running from the cops "like the general lee" as it says in the song.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

mikepmcs

Hey, that Big Sugar is alright in my book.  I just saw the youtube vid posted above(3rd gen in it for those who haven't seen it yet)

I can dig it!

Checking out Jason's band selection now.  Artemis Piledriver.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Quote from: Dodge Don on March 09, 2007, 05:33:35 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on March 08, 2007, 03:57:35 PM

Putting on the foil coach......

:lol: