News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cost of parts

Started by MikeMacCham, March 08, 2007, 12:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeMacCham

Is there a good site, or maybe you guys could tell me, how much are parts for 2nd generation Chargers? The more I look the more I notice they all have things that need fixed or repaired, so whats really easy and cheap V.S. expensive and hard to come by or better off just writting off?

Thanks guys
"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"

Ghoste

You've pretty much found the best site.  Deals on cars and parts are the only thing rarer than the cars themselves.  You may find some good scores yet, but you are going to have to search.  Remember, they are nearly 40 years old now so the odds of finding one that is really easy and cheap are not that good.  But, don't let that stop you.  If it's something you want, go for it.  The rewards are still worth the price of admission.

41husk

Get a mopar magazine, mopar muscle, mopar action, mopar collectors guide,  They all have many co. that sell parts call around search the web.  I try to stay away from ebay, infact, I don't even have an account any longer.  I bought some good stuff bu more often than not I either over paid for parts or got stuff that was not as described.  Good luck!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Chatt69chgr

Spend many hours on the computer surfing and reading to develop new sources.  Read the forum every day to see what other are saying.  Read all the Mopar magazines and make notes.    Go to local car shows this spring, summer, and fall and network with the folks there.  There will be mostly Chevy and Ford people and if you are lucky a Mopar guy or two.  But sometimes, the Chevy guys know someone who does Mopars and are more than willing to share the info since they usually don't have any interest in or money to spend on other brands.  Another source of info is local parts places like Oreilly, etc.  Often, they will know about a customer that is restoring a Mopar and are willing to share that persons name.  But mostly, it takes a lot of time and patience.  Once you have a car, you just need to make a list of what you need and start working your way down it.  And don't get in a hurry.  Once you have gained some trust from others doing the same thing and they see that you are not just someone wanting to make a quick buck on ebay they will be more willing to help you.  Success in this as in most things can be traced to a tenacious desire to make your vision a reality.  But "be careful what you wish for because you will have it" (copyright Earl Nightingale radio commentary).   

The70RT

If you are buying used then eBay. I have sold and bought on eBay since it started. You gotta be carefull sometimes but that goes for any site or individual on the internet. If you get burned on eBay make sure you pay with PayPal because you will get a refund MOST of the time.......where else you gonna find it? As far as overpaying........it is an auction PAY WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD and check there feedback first :yesnod:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

OttawaCharger

Don't forget the local penny saver magazine.  It's amazing what shows up in them things still.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Ghoste

That must be an Ottawa thing cuz here at the bottom of the province, I haven't seen anything decent turn up in the Pennysaver for years.  ;D