News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original 1/4 mile times?

Started by Sweet T, August 31, 2006, 03:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It does, thanks.  What were the many problems?

deputycrawford

The 4:10 pig tends to vibrate until a certain speed and the car was falling over on power by 6000rpms. I put the solid cam in it and found the comp cams 911 springs were too soft. The 913 springs are much better. Now I shift the car at 6500 rpms and it seems to idle smoother too.  I hope the quarter miles times are much better than they used to be. Like I said, I hope they are in the 12.80's or better. Not very fast but it is just a 383.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Ghoste

It's plenty fast.  The vibration issue caught my eye though.  I have had a vibration in my car for a while and I can't recall if it was there before the 4:10 went in?

deputycrawford

The vibration occurs between 50mph and 90 mph. It goes completely away after 90. I go through the traps around 102ish. Kinda weird. Many people at the track tell me the car looks like it falls over after half track. That was when the vibration is at its worst and the valve springs were giving up. I hope for 105 trap speeds and the earlier mentioned et. when I get it figured out.  I can get ahold of a 400 and a 440 block. I might build a 511 stroker out of the 440 some day. Until then its just 12's for me.
     How fast is your vehicle? It really doesn't matter but I am just curious. I have thought about changing mine back to a cruiser and stopping the thrash sessions. I will have to mature first.  :icon_smile_big:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Ghoste

Much slower.  It ran a best of 14.10 at 98 ( a while back) and I've had a continuing series of misadventures since then.  There is a 13.9 at 100 in the car but it's doing it's damnedest to prove me wrong on that claim.