News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What two doors are avail. in America?..

Started by Brock Samson, March 07, 2007, 01:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

it really pisses me off that the American automobile industry has thrown in the towel, and discontinued the production of two doors automobiles. I know some of you are disappointed too while others couldn't care less.
maybe some of you think this is a good think and I'd like to hear your reasons for this.

in the meantime i thought i'd list some of the two doors that are avail. not sports cars BTW:

dpm68

Two door American (more or less) or foreign?

71ChallengeHer

I bought my 93 Daytona and the salesman at the Dodge Dealership here keep asking when I'm buying a new car. I told them when Dodge makes a 2 door I like.

TruckDriver

The only U.S. made 2 doors I can think of right now....

FORD
Mustang
Focus

CHEVY
Corvette
Cobalt
Monte Carlo

PONTIAC
G6

DODGE
Viper
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

well my point was to show that nearly every make has two doors except the american brands.. excluding sports cars which by definition have two doors...
  toyota, honda, nissan, audi, mercedes, BMW, VW, have multiple models of two doors and even two door hardtops,..
who else?.  lets see...
lexus, infinity, acura, maserati, bentley, aston martin, jaguar, mini, volvo, mazda, scion.

btw the monte carlo has been discontinued...

71ChallengeHer

Ok, I can't afford a Viper. And won't buy brand X. So I'll drive the Daytona or the Acclaim. Or break out the Challenger when it's nice out.

Brock Samson

my point is america has thrown in the towel,..
i guess we can no longer produce anything but cheap or utilitarian family sedans unless they are imported from abroad.
shame really.

anyone wanna guess how many two doors are avail here in america from germany alone?..

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 07, 2007, 01:22:06 AM
my point is america has thrown in the towel,..
i guess we can no longer produce anything but cheap or utilitarian family sedans unless they are imported from abroad.
shame really.

Yes, it is a shame. All the car companies make are disposable cars. That's why I won't buy a new car. I'll drive mine till the wheels fall off. Ok, Not the Challenger.

Brock Samson

seems every week there are new two doors being introduced and then brought here, here are some i've found if ya' know these your really quite good as most are quite new...

Brock Samson

i see they ain't showing, well i guess you get the point.  :P
it makes me angry to the point where i wil refuse to buy a "new" car. if they wont build what i want, then i'll build it myself!

Ghoste

You say sports cars by definition have two but Dodge says sports cars do have 4,  you just call it a sports sedan.
Yeah, yeah, dead horse and I get your point and I agree with you.  I just saw another chance to jump on the creeder with a cheap shot so I took it.  :nana:

bordin34

I can only think of 4 other 2 doors that werent mentioned.
Chrysler Crossfire (Mercedes)
Jeep Wrangler
Ford GT
Monte Carlo SS

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

70charginglizard

My dodge dakota is a 2 door. :o) and it's na extended cap with a back seat. Best of both worlds.  :yesnod:

Now the post didn't specify "cars" so no one is allowed ot yell at me.... :no:
70charginglizard

Chris G.

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 07, 2007, 01:45:51 AM
if they wont build what i want, then i'll build it myself!

I can't wait for the updated pictures on that creation.  :icon_smile_wink:

ps-... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25244.0.html

Brock Samson

no sports cars, monte carlo is no more....

here's something to make Chris and all you four door boosters happy...
meet your next dodge!

6pkrunner

Brock - they make a 2 door Charger.

konigcharger

Chrysler
Sebring (vert)
PT Cruiser (vert)

GM
G5
G6
GTO (06)
Cobalt
Monte Carlo (07)
Aveo
ion

Ford
Focus
Mustang

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Brock Samson

that's awsome 6pack!  can i get a big posster of it please!

Manfred318

Technically its not a car I guess but it does have two doors

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Brock Samson

it too (the chevy SS) was discontinued like the thunderbird, the camaro, the firebird, the eldorado, the riviara, the toronado, the cougar, the barracuda, the challenger, the grand prix, (two door) all the full size, intermediates and compacts....

here's another two door though, the PT Cruiser Convertable..   :yesnod:

Yea Team!  :boogie:

Ghoste

You can't just blame the automakers.  The Japanese style of manufacturing took choice out of the system.  Instead of offering every option under the sun in any color including things that aren't available if you know the right person or secret code, you now get packages.  The lean manufacturing methods of the Japanese makers dictated that only a few models would be available with a few option groups and a handful of colors and NO one offs.  The profitability of this style coupled with the fact that the North American public purchased these lookalikes in droves meant that there was no way the Big Three would have any choice but to do the same.  The 4 door Charger didn't have to be named that but Dodge budget considerations dictated that a family sedan would be built for the mid-size market no matter what.  Todays market with it's perception of American cars as poor alternatives means the Big Three have to try and hit a homerun every single time.  They can no longer afford to do any different.

BATMAN

When it comes to two doors, Chevy has too that are pretty cool.  The Cobalt SS supercharged is nice, but the 07 Monte Carlo SS is badass with its V8 and displacement on demand.  It is basically the new Impala SS in 2 doors, but it would still make a fast daily driver.  Also hopefully Chevy is getting that Camaro concept out for 08 or 09, and other than the interior, that concept looks great.  Where have you heard the Monte Carlo is discontinued? I have not heard that.

Shakey

Cadillac makes a very nice 2 door.   :yesnod:

Manfred318

Quote from: Shakey on March 08, 2007, 02:38:43 PM
Cadillac makes a very nice 2 door.   :yesnod:
:iagree: and it only starts at $78,920

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.