News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper arm stud

Started by chargd72, February 06, 2014, 09:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

What does the stud look like that attaches to the driver's side wiper arm?  '72 Charger.  I have the location circled in the pic.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

ODZKing

Best pics I could come up with until I get home. Driver side pivot and you can just see a small stud sticking out.
Is it possible yours is broken off?

chargd72

Thanks, King.  It's a little hard to see though.  I don't think mine broke off because the hole is threaded in the pivot.  I just need to figure out what the stud looks like since most of my car came in boxes.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

ODZKing

Quote from: chargd72 on February 06, 2014, 10:50:34 AM
Thanks, King.  It's a little hard to see though.  I don't think mine broke off because the hole is threaded in the pivot.  I just need to figure out what the stud looks like since most of my car came in boxes.
I'll snap a closer pic when I get home tonight.

chargd72

Thanks!  Much better picture.

ODZKing

OK, I finally found my spare pivots.  One has what looks like a threaded hole but that is for the passenger side which does not require a stud.
You can clearly tell the difference by the crank arm which is different from the driver side.
Also I posted the pic of what I used as the gasket.
If anyone has ever purchased a spindle of blank CD's or DVD's, you know they come with a little piece of foam-type circle on the top and bottom. There are a couple different kinds but in short they work GREAT as a gasket.

chargd72

Perfect pic.  That's what I needed.  Thanks!