News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If it is really chrome then what gives?

Started by mikes68charger, March 06, 2007, 03:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes68charger

Im trying to buy all my rear chrome peaces. I already know the 4 rear light bezels are $225 but I was going to order the rear chorme trim also. I know the top peace that the trunk lid tuches is stanless. But the company that makes the re pops telling me the long bottom trim ( the one that gose between the rear light houseings) is stanless also?

hemi68charger

Quote from: mikes68charger on March 06, 2007, 03:07:36 PM
Im trying to buy all my rear chrome peaces. I already know the 4 rear light bezels are $225 but I was going to order the rear chorme trim also. I know the top peace that the trunk lid tuches is stanless. But the company that makes the re pops telling me the long bottom trim ( the one that gose between the rear light houseings) is stanless also?

yes, both the top and bottom trim that surrounds the "blackened" out area are stainless.. The chrome is the two small peices between the lens, the two "C" ends and of course, the main taillamp housing and "lens" tubes......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mikes68charger

Thats what I needed to know! Thanks

mikes68charger

Then can you exsplan this? It turns milkey, then rusted. I tried scrubing with poilsh, and scoch bright with no results.  Could acid or something of coused this?

hemi68charger

Quote from: mikes68charger on March 06, 2007, 08:45:05 PM
Then can you exsplan this? It turns milkey, then rusted. I tried scrubing with poilsh, and scoch bright with no results.  Could acid or something of coused this?

Yes, corrosion can still effect stainless.. Depends if something was spilled on it, like you said, some form of acidic solution..... I have stainless window trim that isn't so "stainless"........

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hotrod98

Sometimes there are batches of stainless steel that don't have enough nickel content and therefore more suspectible to rusting.
Early 60's stainless steel had a much higher content of nickel. Most of the trim on my early belvederes look like they're almost new.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams