News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

´66 with 361" engine

Started by Freddan, March 09, 2007, 11:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddan

Hi...

Now I have bought my dream machine! A Dodge Charger 1966 with a 361" engine...
So....What should i do and DON´T do with the engine....it´s all original... the goal is to get some more hp but and destroy as little as possible at the original look...

Thanks...
Dodge Charger 1966 - 361"

OttawaCharger

I don't have an answer for you but Congrats on the new car and welcome to the board!  :icon_smile_big:
66 - first year of production.  I love those cars and their crazy glo in the dark guages.  :D
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Bones68charger

Quote from: Freddan on March 09, 2007, 11:57:43 AM
Hi...

Now I have bought my dream machine! A Dodge Charger 1966 with a 361" engine...
So....What should i do and DON´T do with the engine....it´s all original... the goal is to get some more hp but and destroy as little as possible at the original look...

Thanks...

I think that is pretty cool, there is not too many people on here fixn' up a 361.

Freddan

Thanks mate.... they are very rare here in Sweden i can tell.....everybody have the later models......but i like the first one the most i think.....the REAL true is that i can´t afford a later model....to expensive :(

Quote from: OttawaCharger on March 09, 2007, 12:38:53 PM
I don't have an answer for you but Congrats on the new car and welcome to the board!  :icon_smile_big:
66 - first year of production.  I love those cars and their crazy glo in the dark guages.  :D
Dodge Charger 1966 - 361"

Silver R/T

I saw one, local lady owns one. 361 4 spd, pretty rare
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chryco Psycho

Typical mods will work - Cam change , ported heads tuning & carb tweaks

Bones68charger

This might be a dumb question, but is a 361 a big block or small block?

firefighter3931

Quote from: Bones68charger on March 21, 2007, 05:08:39 PM
This might be a dumb question, but is a 361 a big block or small block?

It's a lowdeck (b engine) big block.....361/383/400.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

Funny I just talked to my buddy tonight and he said his dad owned a car with a 361 and I said huh???

He said it was a truck motor they put in the cars.  Any education would be greatly appreciated. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jackel440

My 60' desoto fireflite has the 361 engine in it and I swapped a 400 factory 4 barrel intake on it.I am not sure about the truck engine thing though.

Chryco Psycho

the 361 is a smaller bore 383 , it was used in cars & trucks basically all 383 parts will swap except pistons