News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear valance for '68 Chargers

Started by hemi68charger, March 06, 2007, 01:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang.....

Is it my imagination, but do the reproduction rear valances for the '68's have the holes for the reverse light wire like the '69/'70's do?  My '68 has the holes. BUT, as we all know, the reverse light for the '68's were up in the taillamp section, not in the lower valance like the '69's and '70's........  Soooooo, memory serving me, the '68's ARE NOT suppose to have those two holes either side of the liscense plate area... That being the case, my body man will be welding up those holes.......

All '68 owners..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 06, 2007, 01:37:04 PM
Hey gang.....

Is it my imagination, but do the reproduction rear valances for the '68's have the holes for the reverse light wire like the '69/'70's do?  My '68 has the holes. BUT, as we all know, the reverse light for the '68's were up in the taillamp section, not in the lower valance like the '69's and '70's........  Soooooo, memory serving me, the '68's ARE NOT suppose to have those two holes either side of the liscense plate area... That being the case, my body man will be welding up those holes.......

All '68 owners..........

Troy

im assuming you are refering to the small holes that the wires would go thru on a 9 or 70 if yes they will need to be welded shut ive had to do this in the past myself, and my current charger has the orig valance so i can truthfully tell you they arent supposed to be there i dont know why they put them there on the 68 repop part
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

That's what I figured........ I'm going over the car now with a fine-tooth comb to get it as close to original as possible.... Next step is to get all the trunk holes as well. I have pictures of my '68 before and survivor '68's at various shows and places...... Took all the wheel-lip moulding yesterday to him so we can get the lines and all matched up.......  It's getting close........  ;D
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Charger-Bodie

thats great too many people dont think about that stuff untill its painted and done ..too late then
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dennis K

Yes, those holes will need to be closed up, and as long as your body guy is working on the rear valance, check to make sure the hole for the license plate light wire grommet is the right size. I think the hole is too big on some of them. I forgot all about it when my valance went on, so now I need a bigger grommet for the license plate light.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dennis K on March 06, 2007, 09:39:12 PM
Yes, those holes will need to be closed up, and as long as your body guy is working on the rear valance, check to make sure the hole for the license plate light wire grommet is the right size. I think the hole is too big on some of them. I forgot all about it when my valance went on, so now I need a bigger grommet for the license plate light.

Yeap, that was discussed as well....... I'm bringing over my harness before final touches are done..... Boy, it pays to have had Chargers for over 20 years.......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

hemi68charger

Well, I guess I answered my own question...... Found this digital of "Hemi" before we dipped her......... Voila, no holes.....  :icon_smile_big:

Thanks guys......
Troy

8WHEELER

Yes, no holes for 68, here is one of the other threads on this problem  :icon_smile_big:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21020.0.html

The body guy that put my rear panel on, would not weld up the extra holes  :rotz: :rotz:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on March 07, 2007, 12:23:50 AM
Yes, no holes for 68, here is one of the other threads on this problem  :icon_smile_big:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21020.0.html

The body guy that put my rear panel on, would not weld up the extra holes  :rotz: :rotz:

Dan

My guy's super anal, hence the reason I haven't killed someone yet over my car not being done !!!!!  hahahah........ j/k

He'll weld up the hole no problem.. Now, I have to see how big it's going to be....... I have my original harness, so that'll be a starting point........ He'll also weld up the two holes on the valance either side of the plate.. He'll also relocate the wire tab on the outside..........  I need to call him now.........

Troy
Troy