News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Dukes Series first episode last night...

Started by Charger Aficionado, March 05, 2007, 10:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

It was sorta cheesey like the original.  Actors were WAY in charicter (daisy sounded llike Catherine, and bo sounded like John S.)...  It was on ABC "Family" but showed more T&A that I would expect on a "Family" Channel, and had more sex talk etc...  Anyone catch it?  Your thoughts?  Is there already a thread?

If this becomes a multi-season series it could start a '69 dash (if it becomes popular)....  I have doubts.

mikepmcs

Maybe if they put it on a more recognized network it might become popular.  How many people actually watch the ABC Family channel. I didn't even know it really existed until this show was coming out. 

So if I understand, it's a series, not a one time movie?
I saw it advertised for this coming Friday too.

Still haven't viewed it yet so I can't comment on the acting/storyline.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Khyron

my thoughts on it were here..
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25522.0.html

my god. I hope they don't plan on a series. it was awful. and I agree, the level of T and A was too much for that channel.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on March 05, 2007, 10:15:14 AM

If this becomes a multi-season series it could start a '69 dash (if it becomes popular)....  I have doubts.

Probally a 68-70 dash. Quick Charger Punk, we must get that 68! ;D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

GTX

Maybe I'm just old but I thought the original intent of that show was to be a sort of family show. I would never let smaller kids watch that show!

Way too many double en tendre's and plain old T&A for kids. I also thought it sort of missed the mark myself and was more than a tad cheesy.
Guess I'm just old.

41husk

I teach high school, and it is amazing what you see in the halls these days.  I am just getting to old!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

gnrl01

I watched it and absolutley hated it! The only good thing in it was Daisy was defintly hot. Other than that my kids will not be allowed to watch it. If you are a teen or in your twenties you may like it because there is t and a everywhere anyhow and this just embellishes more on sex. The original show may have had it's sexual implications from time to time, but you usually watched it for the stunts,car or Daisy! :'(

Bones68charger

Quote from: 41husk on March 07, 2007, 08:25:22 AM
I teach high school, and it is amazing what you see in the halls these days.  I am just getting to old!

I am a high school teacher also, and sometimes I wonder what the next generation is going to be like.  I am only 26 and I graduated high school in '99 and I don't remember girls wearing the cloths they do now to school.

Brock Samson

they're wearing cloths now!  :o
i'm gonna go back and get a diploma!  :yesnod:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum