News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Had to turn off the new Duke's movie

Started by 1969R6RED, March 04, 2007, 09:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969R6RED

I just turned off the Duke's movie that was airing on ABC Family. I was tring to give it a chance but after an hour of just sheer stupidity I had to shut it off. Plus I was watching it with my kids and some of the stuff it the movie was not what I would say family oriented. Just a real bad insult to the the original show that I had
grown up with.   :'( :'( :'(

LargerCharger383

I saw the previews for it and didn't even bother watching it.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69-DodgeCharger

Yeah they cant remake the ones from the 80's because it just wouldnt be accepted by everyone these days. They really modernized this one

Chatt69chgr

It was more or less the crappy movie remade for tv.  Probably the same people at Warner Bros involved.  Whole thing was pretty lame.  I was surprised that they showed it on ABC Family.  I don't know what kind of family they had in mind but there was a lot of unnecessary cussing and sexual inuendo.  For some reason, some imbecile at Warner Bros. seems to think that was what Dukes was all about.  I thought this was supposed to be the early Dukes, ie, before the tv show time period.  I don't think they had cell phones then.  Also, I don't recall seeing refrigerators with stainless steel fronts on them at that time either.  They really thought a lot of the actors.  The credits were shrunk down so small you couldn't read the actors names.  They seem to do this now on every movie so they can show a commercial while the "credits" are running.  Those Warner Bros people don't care about the original Dukes series.  This is just something they are exploiting to make as much money as they can as quick as they can.  My 2 cents worth.

Brock Samson

very well said.
yeah commercials are everywhere,  just went to the versateller to withdraw some cash and when i inserted my card a commercial came on the screen!.. lasted about 15 seconds..

Magnumcharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 04, 2007, 11:36:24 PM
very well said.
yeah commercials are everywhere,  just went to the versateller to withdraw some cash and when i inserted my card a commercial came on the screen!.. lasted about 15 seconds..

Just wait....they're coming to a urinal near you!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

SeattleCharger

Only good part is Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse, a few nice blonds in there though,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Driving a perfectly good nice charger straight into a tree, what a stupid way to smash up the car, why would they do that?  not even a jump or a cool wipe out or anything, just drive straight into a tree and smash up whole front of car, who thought up that stunt, stupid as @#$%

MoparManJim

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on March 05, 2007, 02:41:02 AM
Driving a perfectly good nice charger straight into a tree, what a stupid way to smash up the car, why would they do that?  not even a jump or a cool wipe out or anything, just drive straight into a tree and smash up whole front of car, who thought up that stunt, stupid as @#$%

hey, Bo couldn't see the darn road as Howey had so much dust kick up an Bo was doing his best to keep on the road and when he did finaly see where he was going the tree was right in front of him an he hit the darn thing. If you was traveling about 40 MPH an had dust all around you and you didn't know where and couldn't see where you was at or what you was near an at the very last second you seen a tree or somthing that was to late to stop an you knew if you hit the brakes you would still peg the thing, what would you do? probly what Bo did. I think and say this movie was alot better then the 05 movie was. The jump at the end was bad as that car should have been over the gap an landed by the time they should Hogg looking out an downward. The scene was moving fast an yet the jump itself was moving slow though. I love how they tilt the camera side ways every now and then . 

Jim

SeattleCharger

Haha, ok.  I saw the jump a few seconds ago, ya, they had enough time to do a tune up on the car and change the oil while they were up there,.

smashing a nice charger into a tree at 40 mph. straight on, for whatever reason, just don't get that one,   

4forty

I agree but still watched most of it, I thought abc "family" was a channel for family but this show was nasty, lotta sex and vulgarity talk. I told the kids to leave the room. pretty rude show and unnecessay crap.

gojo64

They definately hit lower than whale poop with that movie.  :sick: They need to give it up. They will never be able to best the original TV series.
"Well,... you gonna pull them pistols or... whistle Dixie?" Josey Wales
1969 Charger 383/727/3:55

The70RT

They had two weeks to come up with money to save the farm and restored a Charger in a couple days :laugh: I seen it had no reverse lights on the valance on one shot.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4forty

How about that turkey stuffing scene with LuLu and luke, that was great to watch with kids.

charger01

Quote from: MoparManJim on March 05, 2007, 02:55:21 AM

hey, Bo couldn't see the darn road as Howey had so much dust kick up an Bo was doing his best to keep on the road and when he did finaly see where he was going the tree was right in front of him an he hit the darn thing. If you was traveling about 40 MPH an had dust all around you and you didn't know where and couldn't see where you was at or what you was near an at the very last second you seen a tree or somthing that was to late to stop an you knew if you hit the brakes you would still peg the thing, what would you do? probly what Bo did. I think and say this movie was alot better then the 05 movie was. The jump at the end was bad as that car should have been over the gap an landed by the time they should Hogg looking out an downward. The scene was moving fast an yet the jump itself was moving slow though. I love how they tilt the camera side ways every now and then . 

Jim
Iam sure he understands why they hit the tree. I think what he is saying is." why coulnt he just have spun out"? why destroy a charger for no reason.  It's not real life Jim , Bo is not real. Cmon Jim

venom04

I'm Surprised that no one mentioned the door they filmed while BO was under the water looking at a "69 dodge charger" i mean come on the damn door wasn't from a charger.  This show was kinda disappointing.
:drive:

CHARGERMAN2007_69

I agree with you but i agree with cooter if you look on his site he states that::

I thought this would be a good time to let everybody know my feelings about the upcoming "Dukes of Hazzard" feature film, since if it weren't for the "Dukes" fans, our show would have been long since "put out to pasture." The folks who love our show have kept it alive and well, despite the lack of respect it has been shown by "Hollywood."

At least they are keeping the dukes alive right.

1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

68chrgrwife

Quote from: venom04 on March 05, 2007, 02:14:34 PM
I'm Surprised that no one mentioned the door they filmed while BO was under the water looking at a "69 dodge charger" i mean come on the damn door wasn't from a charger.  This show was kinda disappointing.

it was mentioned on one of the other threads about the show...i think there are three of them going at the same time....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

CHARGERMAN2007_69

Dukes will always live. I agree that the tree scene was bullcrap. But it was a ok show.
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

venom04

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on March 05, 2007, 02:19:26 PM

it was mentioned on one of the other threads about the show...i think there are three of them going at the same time....

O lol
:drive:

68chrgrwife

Quote from: venom04 on March 05, 2007, 02:28:29 PM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on March 05, 2007, 02:19:26 PM

O lol

that's ok it happens 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

hemi-hampton

I thought all the Originals were pretty Stupid. The car is the only good thing in there, Ooops, & Daisy. Relax now. Take it easy on me. LEON.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 05, 2007, 08:00:21 PM
I thought all the Originals were pretty Stupid. The car is the only good thing in there, Ooops, & Daisy. Relax now. Take it easy on me. LEON.

:iagree:

C'mon folks...it's not like the original TV series was Masterpiece Theater ::).

I think you're finally starting to see in the remakes what the rest of us saw in the TV show. I suppose if you were 12-14 years old at time it was pretty cool but anyone over 18 turned off the sound and only wanted to see Daisy anyway.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

squeakfinder

Sad thing is, I was actually looking for more car action (maybe I should say car distruction). Just so I'd have something to bitch about.

Truth is, the show was just plain boring.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

69bronzeT5

I like the new Chargers but I like the older ones WAYYY more. They should of used a new Charger for the movie. On that subject.. ;D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jaak

The movie did suck.... but April Scott ,.... makes Jessica Simpson look like a steaming bag of poo..... Man she was smokin hot.
It was worth sitting through that crap just to see the scene where shes trying on all those outfits :drool5:

Jason

The70RT

Quote from: jaak on March 05, 2007, 10:45:30 PM
The movie did suck.... but April Scott ,.... makes Jessica Simpson look like a steaming bag of poo..... Man she was smokin hot.
It was worth sitting through that crap just to see the scene where shes trying on all those outfits :drool5:

Jason

I bet she has less miles on her too ;)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MoparManJim

Quote from: charger01 on March 05, 2007, 11:05:31 AM

Jim
Iam sure he understands why they hit the tree. I think what he is saying is." why coulnt he just have spun out"? why destroy a charger for no reason.  It's not real life Jim , Bo is not real. Cmon Jim

I know that Bo isn't real but Johnatan is though. Even is he would have spon out he probly would have still hit the darn tree though, he was to close to it by the timne he saw it. 

Jim

Brock Samson

SeattleCharger

Quote from: MoparManJim on March 05, 2007, 11:42:39 PM
Quote from: charger01 on March 05, 2007, 11:05:31 AM

Jim

I know that Bo isn't real but Johnatan is though. Even is he would have spon out he probly would have still hit the darn tree though, he was to close to it by the timne he saw it. 

Jim

If you are going to smash in the front of a nice charger in a dukes movie, at least drive it into something better than straight into a tree at 40, like the white convertible bimmer with the horns on the hood, or maybe a cop car, or a deer maybe,

I get the idea that you are saying there is no way that he could not have run into that tree. 

CHARGERMAN2007_69

The cars made in the movie was probably just junkers from the junk yard.  At lests they got a good last run Right?
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 05, 2007, 09:17:41 PM
I like the new Chargers but I like the older ones WAYYY more. They should of used a new Charger for the movie. On that subject.. ;D
Did you mean this one?

Brock Samson

Goldfinger71

I watched a few minutes of it then I turned away.It did not interest me at all! :rotz:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!