News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help Value this car

Started by BATMAN, March 03, 2007, 12:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BATMAN

First of all did any of the 67-69 barracudas come stock with a 360 engine?  Based on that what would you guys value a 67-69 barracuda notchback at?  Just curious as I am going to go look at one today.  Anything particular I should look at?

Thanks

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: BATMAN on March 03, 2007, 12:24:07 PM
First of all did any of the 67-69 barracudas come stock with a 360 engine?  Based on that what would you guys value a 67-69 barracuda notchback at?  Just curious as I am going to go look at one today.  Anything particular I should look at?

Thanks
No 360's in those years. It depends on the condition of the car as far as value. I say get the VIN and fender tag info. Post it up an see if someone can decode it for you.

TruckDriver

Quote from: BATMAN on March 03, 2007, 12:24:07 PM
First of all did any of the 67-69 barracudas come stock with a 360 engine? 
Thanks

No, the 360 wasn't introduced til '74

And pictures would help :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

The 360 wasn't available until 1973 so none of the 67-69 Barracudas would have come with one from the factory. The 67-69 models (A body) are much cheaper to buy than the 70-74 (E body) cars and the notchback is generally less than the fastback. As for exact values I don't know. Assuming the 360 is in there because they "upgraded" it's not a rare big block or Hemi car. I think all the performance ones may have been fastbacks any way but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Wi. Charger Guy, the 360 was available for a Barracuda in 73 (the *only* optional engine I think) but I believe you're correct for a Charger. We all posted about the same time.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

73 barracudas were available with the 340, but the 360 was not available until 1974.
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

WINGMAN

The 360 came out in 1971 in C bodys only then 74 for A B E Bodys. :icon_smile_cool:
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Troy

Well, I'll be danged! I have a 1973 Barracuda and whenever I try to buy parts it seems my only options are 318 or 360. Of course I have a 318 so I never had to argue that there was a 340.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BATMAN

I looked at the car.  The guy said the 360 is out of another car.  It has a 904 transmission and a posi rear end.  It has a lot of rust in the rear quarters around the wheels and in the fenders, and the rocker panels.  The floors were really solid and so was the trunk.  It sounded great when it was running.  Best thing is the fender tag matches the VIN numbers, but the engine and tranny aren't original numbers matching.  The engine code in the VIN was a D code.  It had bucket seats and a floor shifter.  Would make someone a good project.  The guy said it needs a freeze plug as it was not properly installed and popped out last summer when he went to drive it.  I would have made an offer but I decided I'm going to save the money and put it into my charger.  If anyone is interested he is asking 3000 or best offer.  I have some pics if anyone is seriously interested in it pm me and I can forward you the information.

69Coronet

The car was originally a 273 V8 190hp 2bbl car
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

71ChallengeHer

My friend bought a 273,AT Dodge Dart GT last year for $1500 and it runs. It still needed some body work( rust repair) but it looks awesome now.