News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Muscle had a 426 Hemi give away, Did they back out ???

Started by ACUDANUT, February 05, 2007, 06:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I know I am not crazy. Mopar Muscle magazine had a 426 Hemi give-away awile back (2-3 years ago) All you had to do was fill out was a post card they had in the Magazine, just fill it out, mail it and get into the drawing.  Funny thing is that it never took place. What kind of B.S. is that ???

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ACUDANUT

Mopar Muscle won't replie to any inquiries about it. What kind of Bull is that ??

mikepmcs

Call em up.

Publisher
Jim Foos
Phone (813) 675-3481
jim.foos@primedia.com

Associate Publisher
Randy Shannon
Phone (813) 675-3480
randy.shannon@primedia.com

Editorial Offices
9036 Brittany Way
Tampa, FL 33619
Phone (813) 675-3500
Fax (813) 675-3559

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

6pkrunner

Lotterys and give aways are regulated and  monitored very strictly to avoid this exact thing. If they did not award the prize, whether the ticket cost money or was free, they'll be in deep dog doo. If they refuse to answer about it, I'm sure the state they are based out of would be interested. Nothing like getting dragged into court to make goodwill for your company's image.

Drache

Can you supply a picture or scan of the ad for the giveaway?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ACUDANUT

I sure wish I had a copy of that add, the one I did have got mailed in.  Damn, I wish I made a copy of it. I  know I am not the only one who saw this post card, and sent in.  Does anyone else remember this flyer ???

ACUDANUT

Mike, I will try those numbers you supplied.  Do you know those guys personally ??? Maybe you can help end this fact or fiction tale.

mikepmcs

No, i don't know anyone like that, lol.  You guys are the most famous people I know, and please take that as a compliment cause that is how i meant it. 

I just googled Mopar Muscle and when the page came up, I hit contact us, then copy and paste.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ACUDANUT

Well, I have e-mailed them again, about this "give-away". They won't even respond...I'm so Shocked.  Tell Me someone else out there remembers this.  :-\

Blakcharger440

Yep I remember it and I wondered who ended up winning it.
I remember sending my card in thinking that those raffles are always rigged and they are.

ACUDANUT

BlakCharger, Do you or anyone else have a extra flyer/postcard from this "give-away" I would like to get the Federal Trade Commission involved, if they did in fact run a bogus lottery.  If they did give it away, why won't they disclose it. Bet yet, I want a article about it in their magazine.

Blakcharger440

I will check to see if i have an extra sittin around in my pile o stuff.

ACUDANUT

I still need someone to find a old postcard or flyer of this give-away.  Let's make them ponny up. :yesnod:

charger_mike75

Does anyone know what issue it was in? if we know that much i could look it up, i've been a subscriber to that mag since '95

dm69charger

I remember the giveaway.  I believe that Holley was the company giving the motor away.  I am not 100% sure though.  I am about 40% sure that I read who won, but it was a long time ago.  I sent in about 40 of those post cards with all my relatives and friends names on them.  They know if they won that it would be mine, oh yes it would be mine. :devil:
(2) 1969 Chargers

ACUDANUT

Mike, it was in one of those issues from 2-3 years ago. It was a mail in post card.  I can't believe you don't remember seeing it.

charger_mike75

OK I remember that now, figures they gave it to the bigwig at Holly   :rotz:

Ghoste

It's only fair, look at all the free stuff Holley gave them.

charger_mike75

Then maybe they shouldn't have had a drawing. It's just irritating.   >:(

ACUDANUT

No, I don't think that was it.  The drawing I am thinking about was for a 426 Hemi only. Not a Road Chicken/Runner