News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I don't recall seeing one of these before

Started by bull, March 07, 2007, 11:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer? Ebay item number 290091167155.

whitehatspecial

My Mother had a black 1961 Pioneer, but it had round taillights.  Must be because it was a different model or a 4 door. I remember the pushbutton automatic. I don't recall the Dart name on it though.

Like this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Dart-1961-Dodge-Dart-Pioneer_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6201QQihZ005QQitemZ150098673807QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

TruckDriver

Was the name Pioneer a Canadian name for the car?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

bull

Anyway, I love the fins. It is really a cool-looking car.

69-DodgeCharger

My step dad had that as his first car back in the 60's. He said his dad bought it for like $50 because it was a piece of crap, I dont think it lasted long

Am I the only one on the board that's old enough to remember these when they were new??? The 61 Dart came in three series: the Phoenix was the top of the line, the Pioneer was the mid-line and the Seneca was the low price line. Round taillights were optional on all models, because they were desperate to do ANYTHING that would help relieve the ugliness. Badly built, very ugly, they ruined many a Dodge dealer. Of course, the 62 that followed did nothig to help. 40 years later, the ugliness is somehow attractive, and I would love to have a nice 62. Still not sure I would want a 61.
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1 of 74 on March 07, 2007, 11:03:56 PM
1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer? Ebay item number 290091167155.

Where ever those pictures are, it sure is pretty.......... love those mountains and facade of the house.........  Looks like Switzerland, Austria or Germany...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

smasherofall

I have a buddy with the 4 door version of that in pretty good shape, I'll try to get a couple pics of it.

Ghoste

They came off better than the Plymouth for styling in that era.  IMO of course.

Brock Samson

i have read they rusted really really quickly...  :-\
seemed to be a real drawback to the entire line...
they were infamous for rusting  quickly.
sales tanked.

Nacho-RT74

It looks on those days Chrysler didn't know what to do or how to match a Name with a body design either, like actually they do.  ::) Is it so hard try to match a shape with a name ? and make its own evolution ?

Those 60-62 "Darts" aren't even close in design one with another and they keep the same Dart name. ONLY 3 YEARS RUN, with 3 totally diferent cars.

IMHO
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

Isn't that also the period when Exner was fired and before Engel came in so the styling was directionless?

Charger_Fan

I know of one quietly rusting next to someone's garage...and from a styling standpoint, I see why. :icon_smile_tongue:

I bet Moparz wants it bad. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mr_fixit

Looks like a Dodge Phoenix to me. Must be twins....

Ghoste

Pretty much.  The Phoenix was a little fancier.  Think Satellite to Belvedere or Coronet 440 to 500 or Charger to Charger SE.