News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dodge dart

Started by Icelandcharger, March 03, 2007, 04:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icelandcharger

Hey everyone i have a charger 1973 i use for spare and i was thinking to buy a dodge dart 270 gt clone 1968 model mostly restored then i can use the dart for dayli driver instead off my mustang gt does anybody have or had a car like that and how was they

Charger-Bodie

mopar a bodies are a very well engineered car they are tough dependable and can be very fast i say go for it if its a good one!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Silver68RT

I love my '69 Dart GT.  It's got a 360 and a roll bar, and it's kind of a street/strip car.  I've kind of been keeping my eyes open for another A-body to use as a daily driver.  Something stock, with a /6.  Mine's a little loud, no radio, no heater, 5-point harness, 4.10's, and lightweight aluminum mags that would never survive the potholes around here on a daily basis.  David Freiburger's editorial in the Dec. 2006 Hot Rod was all about what a great car the '68 Dart is, said:  "the '68 Dodge Dart is the pinnacle of automotive convenience and driving pleasure."  Pretty high praise.

Icelandcharger

Hmm this car has no rust was restored ca 10 years a go the engine interior and body he has modified 1971 318 engine autom good cragar wheels and good tires have only seen picture off him he is on the other side of iceland how is he to drve is he similar to the old charger or much smaller

Silver68RT

They are smaller than a Charger, and probably at least 400 pounds lighter, but still a pretty big car by today's standards.  They are great cars, some came from the factory with 383's and 440's, and there was even a limited run of Super Stock 426 Hemi Darts in '68.  They make great race cars - mine runs 13.40's @ 100 mph with a mild 360.  I really enjoy driving mine, it's been in the Woodward Dream Cruise every year since I brought it here.  I think it's likely that the Dart you're looking at originally had 9" drums, which I've heard aren't good, but mine has manual disks and stops really well.  There are disk brake conversion kits available, and would probabably be a good idea for a daily driver.  I had a '70 Road Runner with manual 11" drums, and it would not stop.  I often had to stand with both feet on the brake pedal, praying I wouldn't hit the car in front of me in traffic.

I'd say it's worth a look.

jaak

I had a chance to buy a complete solid 69 GT project (without engine) a couple of years ago for 1800. It didn't need quarters or anything it was one of the most solid old cars I had ever seen. it had bucket seats/console, had rallye wheels, it was an original gold car still wearing most its original paint (the front cap was primered) had all the trim in good shape. I'm still kicking my own butt for passing that one up.

Jason

Drop Top

I have a very big soft spot for the mighty over looked Dart. Its been over looked by most people. They are in my opinion a good investment as the are just becoming of age. All the other cars are out of range money wise and are a very good candidate for reasions stated above. In my shop I have my son's 67 Dart GT. Bucket seats v-8 auto, nice car. For myself I have a 68 Dart GT covertable 318 auto all origanal. This car is where I get my name, "Drop Top". Neather is on the road at this time.

A week ago I picked up a 72 Dart Swinger for a dailly driver. Never been touched except for a bad paint job witch is now almost gone. It has 106,000 miles on it, dosen't use any oil and drives like a champ. It even still has the hub caps. Everything works on the car just like new. Interior is still in good shape, for the miles. I got it from the owners grandson. He couldn't get it started after siting for a few months. He was trying to get $2000 for it. A guy offered 1500 and backed out because it only ran when he pored gas in through the carb. He offered it to me for 1000 and he delivered it to me on a slide back truck. After he delivered it I checked to see if it was getting fuel to the carb. It was. I tapped the carb a few times with my 1/2 in end wrench. It started and ran fine. He had given it a compleat tune up with all new hoses and belts. It had a new carb in the trunk, its now on the motor. After a week of driveing it I'm not sorry. The only money I have put in it is changing it into my name and gas money. I was driving it within an hour. It dose have a bad leek in the stearing box. I'll put a new seal in it today along with a new set of valve cover gaskets. I'll paint it this summer. I allready have a set of old U.S. Indys for it. So a new set of tires for them, carpet and front seat cover and I'm done. I will have to put air in it. But I bought a unit out of a Pick-a-Part last Sunday. So I'll have to put that in also.

There very good cars, you can still get parts at reasoable prices if you look around. My car is getting around 20 miles per gal. I'm planing on dule exhaust and a very small 4 bbl carb. After that the milage should increase a little as long as I dont hot rod it around. The little rear end thats in it won't hold up to much hot rodding so that will help me keep my foot out of it. By the car and have fun with it while you work on your Charger.

dads_69

I've had 5 darts myself, now 6. Working on getting another won next week. They are easy to get parts for vs. chargers. I've had my fun w/chargers and darts. I guess you can say I'm more of an A-body guy once again, chargers parts just got the best of me and I said screw the charger! The won I have now is a 318 car, 1970 but a stroker 340 will be going in it for summer.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

The70RT

Nice little cars. Had a lot of them. Dependable & road worthy little beasts.I sure miss my 69 GTS 340 4spd car.....what an idiot i was to let it go :icon_smile_sad:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us