News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is a good trunk coating?

Started by 440mag, March 01, 2007, 11:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440mag

What would you recommend for a good trunk coating.  I don't care for the rubbery undercoating.

Recommendations? Where did you buy it?  How it look?
440mag

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

440mag

The car just received a nice base coat clear coat paint job that included the inside of the deck lid and trunk except the trunk floor.  I still plan on using trunk so I'm thinks something more durable than paint.
440mag

Just 6T9 CHGR

Trunk mat over the paint ;)

Unless of course you are referring to a Chevy or Ford.......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparguy01

you could seal it up real good with a high quality spray in bed liner. but *GASP* it wouldnt be original.  :-X

daytonalo

Buy a pickup truck !!!!!! show the car !

hemi-hampton

I say paint it with original paint color & throw a Trunk Mat over it. Call it done. LATER.

440mag

Yea the car is far from original and I like it that way.  Show it , drive it, race it.  If its on a trailer its been stolen.

I will probably go with something like a truck bed liner that is tough with a good looking texture.
440mag

Ghoste

What are you planning on carrying around back there?

hotrod98

If it's a mopar then it should be painted the same color as the exterior in my opinion, just like the engine compartment. Otherwise, it looks like a chevy or a ford. They were too lazy and cheap to paint these areas. If you insist on painting it another color then use a hard bedliner material. Most automotive paint stores carry them. Then there's Zolatone which is kind of cool and easy to spray.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams