News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973 1974 Dodge Charger Rubber Reveal mouldings coming soon

Started by chargerkid, February 28, 2007, 03:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: twilt on April 30, 2007, 07:32:18 AM
Quote from: chargerkid on April 11, 2007, 03:01:54 PM
Hopefully be end of summer/early fall.  Also looking at doing the "Dual Valances" for 71/72 and 73/74 Chargers.

It would appear to me that Rob already gave a time frame for when they might be available.  ;)

still not here!!!!!

konigcharger

well to be honest he didn't exactly give a timeline, he only said summer /fall  could be fall 2020 :scratchchin:

:rofl:  :2thumbs:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Charger74SE

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

71.R/T.440-4bbl...

Install 71 or 72 bumpers on your 73 or 74 chargers. Looks better with out the filler parts and tucks the bumper in like a 71 or 72. You will need the mounting brackets from a 71 or 72. The rear will bolt up but the front you will need to drill one new hole on each side of the mount brackets. This looks better and yes your grills,grill brackets & tail lights will fit. Did it to my 73 charger 25 years ago...  :Twocents:

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Charger74SE on May 21, 2008, 02:48:32 PM
Yeah! I need a full set also. :drool5: :2thumbs: :cheers:

i need a full set, too.  not sure when its going to happen.  hopefully - sometime in my lifetime!

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 71.R/T.440-4bbl... on May 21, 2008, 10:05:19 PM
Install 71 or 72 bumpers on your 73 or 74 chargers. Looks better with out the filler parts and tucks the bumper in like a 71 or 72. You will need the mounting brackets from a 71 or 72. The rear will bolt up but the front you will need to drill one new hole on each side of the mount brackets. This looks better and yes your grills,grill brackets & tail lights will fit. Did it to my 73 charger 25 years ago...  :Twocents:

I was going to use 71' Brackets on my 73' Rear bumper. I tried to use them but it seemed like they would not bolt into the rear bumper correctly. Is that why you drill the holes? & where? :shruggy: :scratchchin:
Thanks
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

I want fillers, No modifications. I like the 73/74 just in the way it is ;D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 23, 2008, 03:18:00 PM

I want fillers, No modifications. I like the 73/74 just in the way it is ;D

lets get it done! :cheers:

rudyjrusa

any word on these being reproduced??  it's been almost a 1year and 1/2 since thread started. :shruggy:

rudyjrusa

Quote from: rudyjrusa on June 23, 2008, 12:39:20 PM
any word on these being reproduced??  it's been almost a 1year and 1/2 since thread started. :shruggy:

any luck on repro's???

72chargerSE

TUFCAT

Unless.......  :pigsfly:

*edit*  All joking aside, I hope a large resto part company soon realizes the significance of this part for 73/74 Charger owners. Apparently ROCPAR wasn't able to take on the project.

rudyjrusa

someone please start the process!!!  need a good set to begin with so vendor can make duplicate - who is up for the challenge??

lisiecki1

i have a half decent set that should be good enough to make repros.....
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

rudyjrusa

Quote from: lisiecki1 on July 06, 2009, 03:38:13 PM
i have a half decent set that should be good enough to make repros.....

maybe you can get in touch with PGClassics or BAE restorations - they make repros of parts.  They did a repro of my 1974 charger qtr panel chrome trim and now for sale in their catalog.

lisiecki1

soulcoruptor

:brickwall: in dire need of these moldings and i see the last post was on july 7th whats going onare they being made or what?
"What I don't know is infinitely greater than what I do"

TexasStroker

I've talked to BE&A..if someone can get them a GOOD set (keep in mind these are used to make the mold, which in turn makes all the following repops) they will do it.  That was prob around this time last year.  I have a friend who needs them and know a few others who will as soon as they get to that point on their car.

Well worthy of the bump imo  :yesnod:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

rudyjrusa

i will buy a set - i was going to send mine but some had broken off pieces -

lisiecki1

I'm waiting to hear back from B E & A to see if they want to use the set that came off of my car....

soulcoruptor

maybe you shoulld try contacting them (B E& A) sqeeky wheel gets the grease
"What I don't know is infinitely greater than what I do"

SG1022

The ones on my 73 are full and un broken, just minor cracks... Think BEA would want mine? you can still see the full shape with almost original dimensions to work with.

moparguy01

If i had a decent set, (i have to check mine but i recall them being cracked) I do have Metro Molded Rubber interested in making them. I of course do not have a promise, but They were interested. at the least they said they might be able to make a small run of them.

lisiecki1

Email from B E & A received this morning:

Randy,

To be totally honest with you Randy, I have somewhat lost interest in doing the bumper fillers at this time and do not want to hang onto yours for an extended period.

Mike

Looks like we're SOL with BEA.......