News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Its Alive!

Started by Harlow, February 27, 2007, 12:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

I finally started my car up tonight! Its the first time its 383 has ran in around 15 years. I'm really stoked. Its still smoking like hell, so bad it set off the smoke detector in my garage after running for about a minute. It needs a full tune up, but its too late tonight so its going to have to be tomorrow after school. I'm hoping to make a video tomorrow and I'll post it on here for you guys to see. I was surprised how good it sounded, its got a nice lope. Just thought I'd share my progress with you guys.

- Scott

HITMAN 149

nice!!!!! way to go!!!!!! keep us posted!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

69bronzeT5

now that my speakers are working, id like to hear it
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger1973

Awesome!  Im hoping to have one running soon too :D

Big Lebowski

Try a few squirts of oil in the spark plug holes, then turn over the motor a few times, that might help the rings re-seat since it's been a while. If it keeps on smoking blue with a new carb/fresh gas and fresh plugs, then the rings/valve seals didn't like the 15 year nap. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

aone415

Congrats!  that's gotta be a great feeling... and this goes without saying... post ipcs!

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Harlow

Well there isn't going to be a video quite yet. The car ran great off the temporary fuel supply but now its not getting fuel from the tank. hopefully I'll have it fixed in time to make a video tonight, but we'll see ::)

69-DodgeCharger

Hey good luck man keep us updated on that!

Charger-Bodie

thats awesome you must be pumped!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ChargerSG

:2thumbs: im gonna wait for that video :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166