News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So this guy wants to trade his Newport

Started by 69-DodgeCharger, July 30, 2007, 02:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I'd put that green interior in my charger. 

70charger_boy

Mike DC

Its 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

70charger_boy

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 31, 2007, 07:19:46 AM

Its 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Nacho-RT74

I like better the Chrysler, specially with that GREAT CONDITIONS, more comfortably and better look interior... but is true needs lot of work on exterior
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Todd Wilson

They both look like POS to me.   The Newport is a sweet car but that car in those pictures looks like its rusted really bad.  The only thing worth anything is the interior (Which is SWEET!) and the 727 tranny under neath it.

Todd

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Todd Wilson on July 31, 2007, 01:47:05 PM
They both look like POS to me.   The Newport is a sweet car but that car in those pictures looks like its rusted really bad.  The only thing worth anything is the interior (Which is SWEET!) and the 727 tranny under neath it.

Todd

"Rusted really bad"..........You must be kidding. There is nothing wrong with that car structurally. If he was wanting to paint and restore it than yes it is not worth it but for just a driver there is nothing wrong with it at all. Is it too much to get a quart of fibergalss strand bondo, a gallon of regualr bondo, some sand paper and a quart of primer (or spray cans) and spend a weekend filling the holes?........apparently it must be. That car is in very fair condition for it's age around these parts.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

moparguy01

i think its rusted real bad too, and I live in the rust belt. The fact i the body on both looks like hell. and the interior on the newport is alot better, but it doesn't run. I'd stick with the rusty car that I KNOW runs good.

and alot of us don't like to repair cars with fiberglass and bondo. We like to do it right I know Todd's one of them. I painted his car. :D

69DodgeCharger

"and alot of us don't like to repair cars with fiberglass and bondo. We like to do it right I know Todd's one of them. I painted his car."

C'mon now it's a 77 Newport glass and bondo or solid sheetmetal it's still worth the same amount..........not much. You guys act like it's one week away from the boneyard. I've driven much worse cars for 2 years at a stretch after a weekend of sheetmetal installation on the floors with metal screws covered with roofing tar and filled in outer body holes. And those two cars (71 Duster and 76 Dart) were two of the best ones I ever had, a blast to drive, didn't have squat into them and I could run them hard through any conditions without worrying about my "investment"  They both still ran great when I got rid of them. Hell I wish I had them back today!
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

70charger_boy

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on August 01, 2007, 02:08:00 AM
"and alot of us don't like to repair cars with fiberglass and bondo. We like to do it right I know Todd's one of them. I painted his car."

C'mon now it's a 77 Newport glass and bondo or solid sheetmetal it's still worth the same amount..........not much. You guys act like it's one week away from the boneyard. I've driven much worse cars for 2 years at a stretch after a weekend of sheetmetal installation on the floors with metal screws covered with roofing tar and filled in outer body holes. And those two cars (71 Duster and 76 Dart) were two of the best ones I ever had, a blast to drive, didn't have squat into them and I could run them hard through any conditions without worrying about my "investment"  They both still ran great when I got rid of them. Hell I wish I had them back today!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: