News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My NEW MOPAR....well kinda?

Started by chgr500, February 24, 2007, 07:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chgr500

6 banger...not numbers match..upgraded to 250 CU...rust on top of shock towers.......but eveything else is clean......braided hoses and chrome......Wahooo!....firewall and frame rails look good.....no rust

chgr500

Rear sail panel...and bondo chunked off and peeling......he claims the decal on the rear window was there before the merger!!!!....I will peel it partially off..lol

chgr500

1/4 panels...right lower wavy......left side waaaay  wavy over wheel well and lower....who knows what lies beyond the bondo...inner wheels need work...but patchable...14" Vector? style wheels...r/f parking curb rashed...the others are good.

chgr500

No Room and NO time....my driveway which is very fun....What should reserve be set at?

Easy to do some HPLAG pics with this car... :yesnod:... :icon_smile_evil:... :no:... :angel:....a good 10 footer with some mood lighting lol....note the Charger is being swarmed by stuff...home reno's too!...lucky me...no Charger time once again

mikepmcs

Set it high up there the first time you list it just to see what the market will bring.  If the highest bid is your comfort zone for sale then offer the high bidder the second chance offer or relist it with that $$ as your reserve. If all that makes sense.
Good luck

Remember, it's all about the description and the pictures.  I would definitley use a lot of what you wrote here and the pics you took in the listing.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

The70RT

I agree with mikepmcs. Im not sure how you feel or what you need on it. If it was me I would start it out at 1000 and put a 2000 reserve on it. Hey if you make about a grand cool. I would think it would go for that. You could always contact the highest bidder if not. You know eBay - You never know. That's just my  :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

68chrgrwife

hey i'd buy it right now..but hubby says no
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

SeattleCharger

Cool car,  all your first pics the car looks great shape, the later pics with the close up and lighting, ya, a lot more revealing,      a strategy might be to put the first pics you took on your ad, and "describe" that the body upon closer inspection" has some flaws, but overall the car is pretty straight and the problems are fixable or drive it the way it is, something like that, maybe not quite so candy coated, but so that way the first impressions of the car are seeing it as how it could be, seeing the potential of it, in the buyer's eyes, then once they like the car and want it, it will be easier for them to see the flaws when you email them more pics and they might be willing to deal with that, because their first impressions of the car are good.    If they see those up close pics first they might just skip over the ad before they get the idea of liking the car sunk into their head a little, that it is overall good looking,  if any of this helps, good luck.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

HITMAN 149

charger dog.... are you by any way a car salesman?!?!?!?  :icon_smile_cool:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

SeattleCharger

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on February 27, 2007, 02:13:43 PM

haha, thank you I guess, sort of I am in a way, as a hobby,  but a major rule I have is:  disclose all, karma is important, all the honesty you can give has unseen rewards, oh ya, and only hand over title and keys when all cash is in hand basically, no checks or pay you this or that later, no matter how nice they are, saves potential problems later even when all parties have good intentions, nothing personal

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

HITMAN 149

right on!!!!! well said!!! CA$H in hand!!!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

chgr500

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on February 27, 2007, 01:44:43 PM

Cool car,  all your first pics the car looks great shape, the later pics with the close up and lighting, ya, a lot more revealing,      a strategy might be to put the first pics you took on your ad, and "describe" that the body upon closer inspection" has some flaws, but overall the car is pretty straight and the problems are fixable or drive it the way it is, something like that, maybe not quite so candy coated, but so that way the first impressions of the car are seeing it as how it could be, seeing the potential of it, in the buyer's eyes, then once they like the car and want it, it will be easier for them to see the flaws when you email them more pics and they might be willing to deal with that, because their first impressions of the car are good.    If they see those up close pics first they might just skip over the ad before they get the idea of liking the car sunk into their head a little, that it is overall good looking,  if any of this helps, good luck.

The first pics I posted were the 10 footers HPLAG type pictures to see what reaction I could get.....Then BAM the real problem concerns on the car.  To me these concerns are repairable...as we have all seen a lot worse cars restored here on the forum and the car does have a lot of nice parts on it to offer....If this were a real Mopar I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.......but it's an AMC....seems a lot of these Javelins have been used as parts cars to restore AMX's...same car from the doors forward. 
I will shoot more pictures as it looks better washed than the first posting...and will lightly describe the concerns with more pictures upon request.  Clean the interior up some and maybe scour a little rust staining from the shock towers...they are not that bad....but I'm not really not sure as to how badly these cars usually rust out.....Starting to wonder what I've gotten into with my AMC...I've likely owned over 100 vehicles in my time...most all domestic.....but first AMC...floors, frame rails and trunk look decent...too bad these cars don't seem to have the value as similar muscle type cars of the era.

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on February 27, 2007, 02:25:10 PM
Quote from: HITMAN 149 on February 27, 2007, 02:13:43 PM

haha, thank you I guess, sort of I am in a way, as a hobby, but a major rule I have is: disclose all, karma is important, all the honesty you can give has unseen rewards, oh ya, and only hand over title and keys when all cash is in hand basically, no checks or pay you this or that later, no matter how nice they are, saves potential problems later even when all parties have good intentions, nothing personal

Karma....I am the KARMA KING.....scares the hell outa me......I always think of what bad thing will happen if I am dishonest.....I know a little weird...but what it is.
I once sold an eBay item and the buyer sent me a money order in the full amount and out drops a crisp 100 dollar U.S. bill....huh!!!!...I emailed him and asked what the additional funds he sent were for.......He was clueless so I told him to expect the letter delivery from me and sent him back the money........When he had received the money back he wasn't sure exactly what had happened to the money at the time and like myself figured it had stuck to the money order in his wallet.  He told me was going to use this as a learning tool for his son that there are some honest people out there. At least I affected two lives...but what didn't happen to me?.......shortly after I got a call about a Duster I had been after for two years..through a work associate and a friend of friend he had described it to me and I offered him upwards of $1000 sight unseen.....two years later my now ex work associate phones and asks if I still want the Duster......but it needs to be removed today....for FREE!

Evidently some one was trying to remove the engine for the previous 14 hours...before I got my phone call....pulling the motor with a rope with the tranny attached....exhaust manifolds were unbolted with the exhaust pipes still attached...he had it jammed up against the firewall real tight.....lucky me he couldn't get it out  340 4 spd......he broke all the ears off the r/s 1970 H/P manifold taking it off..$$$$$

68chrgrwife

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Brock Samson