News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can I just say that I envy you guys with garages?

Started by GTX, February 26, 2007, 02:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

I think I outgrew my existing space quite some time ago. Can't use my garage for cars although I think I'm going to have to reconvert it back this year ( it's currently a video arcade) . While my cars have a covered space it's not a real garage and doesn't provide the room I need.  :'(

I've been thinking of building a new 2 car garage in the back maybe with an office/place to hold my parts and magazines upstairs but I'm not sure if I want to use up so much space on a kind of small back yard. I look at some of the garages you guys have and get jealous!  :drool5:
I wonder how much it would cost me to build a garage? Pouring the concrete would be expensive I'd imagine.  On the other hand we probably won't live in this house much longer.... Just rambling thoughts.......

Does anyone else have to squeeze into small places? How do you cram all your equipment and car(s) in?

dodgecharger-fan

I can relate - sort of.

I have a two car garage and my project takes it all up. I have parts in the house and in a storage shed as well.

I don't have the room to build another garage on my land, but the lot next door is empty.

I've been threatening my wife that I'm going to buy it and build a 3 or 4 garage with office space, nice landscaping and patio area. Something like this: http://www.ultimategarage.com/
That would suit the lot next to me perfectly, too.

Of course this is all dreams because I can't afford to buy the land even if the owner was willing to sell it - which he isn't.

If I could afford to do all that, I'd probably just move to a bigger place with more land.  :P

It's good to dream though.

41husk

I have a pool in the back yard.  I would love to fill it in and put some additional garage space back there.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

kab69440

Use the pool as the garage's basement! I would love to drag home a backhoe and skidloader and just start digging, make my entire lot one large 12' deep hole. Pour footers and lay block, then cover it back over with the yard. (In the city I live in, only 25% of your lot may be covered with buildings.)
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

PocketThunder

My garage is full also!  Time to add on again.  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

71bee

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 26, 2007, 09:34:06 AM

:eek: man, I only wished that I had a garage like that!

hemi68charger

OK Paul........... So now what is your excuse for not having the C500 done?......... :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TripleBlackGator

If you build it. The Mopars will come.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

hotrod98

My advice is to hang in there and set long range goals. Sometimes that means having to move to a different location just to be able to build the type of building that you want. I've been through all of that in the last few years. I worked out of a 2 car garage for many years and now I don't know how I ever managed to get anything accomplished. I built a 40 x 50 shop about six years ago and quickly outgrew it. I just finished a 40 x 80 garage at the back of my property. The bad thing is, I had to sell my hemi chal convert clone to be able to pay for it. It'll be worth it in the end though. I'll use the old shop for car storage and the new one for my resto business.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

Man thats a sweet shop, Is Greenwood anywere near Bullshoals lake, Pontiak area?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

The70RT

Quote from: GTX on February 26, 2007, 02:28:28 AM
I think I outgrew my existing space quite some time ago. Can't use my garage for cars although I think I'm going to have to reconvert it back this year ( it's currently a video arcade) . While my cars have a covered space it's not a real garage and doesn't provide the room I need.  :'(

I've been thinking of building a new 2 car garage in the back maybe with an office/place to hold my parts and magazines upstairs but I'm not sure if I want to use up so much space on a kind of small back yard. I look at some of the garages you guys have and get jealous!  :drool5:
I wonder how much it would cost me to build a garage? Pouring the concrete would be expensive I'd imagine.  On the other hand we probably won't live in this house much longer.... Just rambling thoughts.......

Does anyone else have to squeeze into small places? How do you cram all your equipment and car(s) in?

4 years ago i built a 26 X 32 and a 30 X 30 pad in front of it for 14K. I had it framed and sheeted and I did the rest. I put on vinyl sideing & windows. I didn't cut any corners - sheetrocked and insulated too. I got lucky because we had a sutherlands lumber go out of biz and most of the supplies were discounted. 4X8 5/8 was 3 bucks a sheet..........yeah i bought three truck loads of that. You can put 3 cars in it and all my tools & equipment. Good thing I have another the same size attatched to the house to park our drivers in and store my old convertible in. And you cant see it for all the other stuff packed in it.  You can't ever build one big enough.....well i seen some that would be (the post above makes me jealous) but the wife would rather have a house too!     
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ramit

My garage is full also! Time to add on again. :icon_smile_big:

Is that really your garage pocket thunder?  I didn't realize you had so many cars.  I don't think I have ever seen a garage that big in st.paul.

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 26, 2007, 10:39:22 AM

OK Paul........... So now what is your excuse for not having the C500 done?......... :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: 71bee on February 26, 2007, 09:40:45 AM

:eek: man, I only wished that I had a garage like that!

Quote from: ramit on February 26, 2007, 11:42:09 AM
My garage is full also! Time to add on again. :icon_smile_big:

Is that really your garage pocket thunder?  I didn't realize you had so many cars.  I don't think I have ever seen a garage that big in st.paul.

:engel016: :scratchchin: :ahum:                                                                                                            Well OK, maybe not ..  I was hoping to hook Grant on that one. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

ChargerSG

Mine is full to, but not with my stuff just bought it and the owner left everything(still trying to find some usefull things in there, but i have manged to clean up so i can get my Charger in, this summer is gonna be throw everything out and restore the garage :icon_smile_big:

Picture is in the middle of the garage after throwing out allot of stuff(the storage you see to the right is totally full with stuff)...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 26, 2007, 02:06:17 PM
:engel016: :scratchchin: :ahum:                                                                                                           
Well OK, maybe not ..  I was hoping to hook Grant on that one. :icon_smile_big:
Sorry, I was asleep. :nana:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ACUDANUT

Pocket Thunder, WOW. What would do if you had a fire ???  I kind of have the same problem, but not that bad.  I am thinking of installing a sprinkler system in my garage. Fire scares the Hell out of me.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 26, 2007, 05:50:05 PM
Pocket Thunder, WOW. What would do if you had a fire ??? 
He'd probably sit back & think "damn, that would really suck if it was mine". :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hotrod98

Quote from: 41husk on February 26, 2007, 11:24:01 AM
Man thats a sweet shop, Is Greenwood anywere near Bullshoals lake, Pontiak area?

Greenwood is near I-40 about ten miles from the Arkansas-Oklahoma border. South of Fort Smith, Arkansas.
About four hours south of Bull Shoals lake, I think. This area is considered the "Arkansas River Valley" between the Ozark mountains and the Ouchita mountains.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

The70RT

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 26, 2007, 06:07:59 PM
Quote from: 41husk on February 26, 2007, 11:24:01 AM

Greenwood is near I-40 about ten miles from the Arkansas-Oklahoma border. South of Fort Smith, Arkansas.
About four hours south of Bull Shoals lake, I think. This area is considered the "Arkansas River Valley" between the Ozark mountains and the Ouchita mountains.

NICE AREA! I go fishing down ther every so often. I bet those winding roads are fun in the 340 4sp. Cuda :yesnod:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6pkrunner

Built as 40x30 and then added on to be 40x45. Still not enough room.