News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Atlantic City auction pics ?

Started by BrianShaughnessy, February 24, 2007, 09:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Who went? 

I went Friday.   Took some pics... not gonna post them all - pita, etc.   Skipped out going again today.. went to Camden and did the USS New Jersey / Aquarium tourist thing instead and came home.

Here's the 2 Chargers I saw.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BlueSS454

I was there today.  I spent some time looking over that 68.  There was one other Charger there.  It was up front by the entry doors.  There seemed to be quite a few E bodies there this year as well as more Oldsmobiles than years past.  The prices aren't going down at all though.  I saw quite a few overpriced cars.
Tom Rightler

Just 6T9 CHGR

Anyone know what the Chargers posted went across the block for?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: BlueSS454 on February 25, 2007, 12:13:55 AM
There was one other Charger there.  It was up front by the entry doors. 

Ooopps.    Yeah I forgot about the 71 Hemi.    That was nice...  well - except for the color  :stirthepot:

Chris - I read the 68 went for $54K.   I wasn't super impressed with it.    The green thing had "issues" - I have no idea what sold or didn't.

I thought the 70 R/T ragtop clone was very, very nice. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Hemidoug

I saw the 71 hemi car as well. I thought it was nicely done. I'm sure it would look a little different in sunlight. The owner turned down 190K for it. I personally think he is going to be sitting on it for a while if he is holding out for more. The car is nice but it is lacking a lot of options that would get high $$$$ for it. I also saw the R/T 'vert clone. There were a couple of things that I would have done different. The thing that get's my goat is the fact he has "GG decoded" and "rotisserie restoration" as selling points on a clone. First off, GG decoded the car for what it was, a 500 'vert, not an R/T. The minute the guy made it an R/T he should have dropped the GG decode BS. I personally have a hard time with that. Second, you can't "restore" something that never was. I know this is splitting hairs, but it is not a restored car. It's a clone, a hot rod, a recreation, but it is not "restored".  It really pisses me off when I see that BS....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

HITMAN 149

i was thinkin on going...but had to work & couldn't get off???!!! ehhh..maybe nect time.. i'm about 1 1/2 away from AC
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

bill440rt

I was there on Sat as well. Wasn't too impressed with the quality of cars overall. Granted, it's not an all-Mopar show, but there really wasn't all that much to look at. Mostly #3 cars, maybe a few #2's sprinkled in.
I saw 2 '71 Cuda's, one had a fake VIN on it (really!!), and the other had no VIN AT ALL. There was a blue Challenger RT/SE that was pretty nice, except the owner claimed he had over $100,000 in the resto. There was no way he had that much money into the car, there were too many things incorrect with it, and other items overlooked.

That '71 HEMI Charger was pretty nice, though.
The '68 was in driver condition, IMHO. If someone paid $54K they got hosed. Car wasn't that nice for that kind of money.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce