News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 XH cars?

Started by toqwik, February 26, 2007, 04:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toqwik

I was looking at the build sheet I found under the seat of my car, which is a 68.  The build sheet says 1970 Charger on it, but the vin starts off with XH.  What did the XH designate? 

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 26, 2007, 05:05:45 PM
http://www.chargerclubofwa.asn.au/Articles/VINUS.htm

that might answer it for you
v/r
Mike
This one will help answer more. ;D
http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=2562

An XH Charger in 70, is a base model Charger. They had no upper door pads, no tail light trim (so they look like a '69) & bench seats were standard.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dodge Don

Please send a copy of the build sheet to the 1970 Charger Registry.....perhaps it can be mated to the owner one day.

bullit68

how could you find a build sheet in your 68 charger that is for a 70 model-two model years away?

mikepmcs

Because.......

He is a sophisticated administration robot, sent back in time to change the future for one lucky 68 Charger.

He is "The Shermanator."
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chris G.

Quote from: bullit68 on February 27, 2007, 08:35:56 AM
how could you find a build sheet in your 68 charger that is for a 70 model-two model years away?

The seats are interchangeable. Probably was taken from a junker back in the 80's and  put in the '68.

Skued

Quote from: Dodge Don on February 26, 2007, 05:41:59 PM
Please send a copy of the build sheet to the 1970 Charger Registry.....perhaps it can be mated to the owner one day.

Please do, I'd love to come across mine someday. :icon_smile_big:

Steve
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein