News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will this truck haul a 74' B-Body?

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, February 26, 2007, 07:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

konigcharger

sweet deal on the hideaways & DASHPAD man that things pretty  :o

just a FYI the hideaways are 72 style

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

BMOTOXSTAR

Thank you for confirming that.  :bow:
I was not sure, either was the guy I purchased them from. I was really curious and did not know. I know that it is not correct for a 73' Rally but I think hideaways are sweet looking.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

You are probably better off this way anyways, avoiding that crappy weather we had.  Im hoping that was the last of it, it was almost nice out today.  Hoping tomorrow will be even better  :yesnod:   That is a nice score on the hideaways and dash pad too.  The hideaways do look good on a 73, and if you dont care about it being all original then its a really nice way to upgrade.  And yes those are 72 grilles, the 71s dont have the vertical fins.  Heres a pic of a 71 grille.

BMOTOXSTAR

Yeah,
  I think the hideaways will look sweet. I am going to keep my 73' Rally and I figure that I will make it my own. Is it that hard to mount them on a 73" It will be nice not to have to use that bumper filler trim ! Is there a Dodge emblem that should go on the hide-aways ?
   I can't wait for St.Patrick's Day to get here, I want that Satellite in a bad way.   :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on March 09, 2007, 12:56:05 AM
Yeah,
  I think the hideaways will look sweet. I am going to keep my 73' Rally and I figure that I will make it my own. Is it that hard to mount them on a 73" It will be nice not to have to use that bumper filler trim ! Is there a Dodge emblem that should go on the hide-aways ?
   I can't wait for St.Patrick's Day to get here, I want that Satellite in a bad way.   :yesnod:

The front bumper/hideaways being from a 72 wont change the position of your bumper on the car at all.  You will need to re-use your bumper brackets from your 73 (i am pretty sure the 72s have the mounting holes in different location).  To remove the filler trim you need to slot the holes in your bracket and slide the bumper back a little.  If you want to keep the 73 bumper (no charger arrow in the middle) you can do it, just remove the 73 grille brackets etc.   Also I think the DODGE logo on the hideaways is a 71 only thing, but I could be wrong. 

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

konigcharger

the 72 hideaways did not have the Dodge emblem

also if you remove the bumper filler trim you will need to get a set of the shorter headlamp buckets or it will not fit

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

BMOTOXSTAR

Do I want to use the 72' or 73' buckets? How do you do it by using the 73' bumper? :rotz:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

You need the headlight buckets from a 71 or 72 car with the hideaway grille.  They are just a little shorter, otherwise the doors will catch on the headlights. 

The 72 bumper is the same as the 73 bumper for the most part, its just a matter of removing the brackets that held the 73 grilles in place so your hideaway grilles will fit.   They have their own brackets.  You have the complete bumper there, so once you take your 73 bumper off just compare the two, its really simple. 

Charger1973

I just put these on my 73 (using a 73 bumper) and as you can see I dont have the shorter headlight buckets, so i left the doors open.  They will still close, but they catch on the headlights and you have to help them down.  I would change to the shorter buckets, but I plan to switch this car back to a 73 grille at some point so its fine the way it is. 

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
  I finally went to pick up the 74' Satellite this past weekend, St. Patrick's Day ! :cheers:
Instead of using my truck (91'Chevy V6) my brother went with me and used his Dodge Ram, V8. The car was better than what the seller told me ! I am really happy with this car.  :yesnod:
  The Ram puled the Satellite no problem ! It was a 1,200 mile round trip, from Mentor Ohio, to Springfield IL, yes, home of The Simpson's ! It was really awesome to take the trip with my older brother to get a Mopar ! What a brother! It was neat to be hauling a Mopar with a Mopar !
I thank all of you for the advice & help on hauling a Mopar. I was worried I was going to not get the Satellite, I have been figuring out how I was going to pick the car up for a month and every plan up till' now fell through.
The guy would not budge from $3000 with the RR hood, I still think that I did very well on this car !  :METAL:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

Oh yeah,
   The seller of the Satellite also had a 68' GTX & a nice fuel injected 440 71' Charger. For his business, decorative concrete, he has a Dodge Ram that is spackled with the concrete product he sells. I though this was really cool. :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

mikepmcs

Congratulations, that car is awesome looking!
Guess it was meant to be after all. :icon_smile_big:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger1973

Glad to see you got her home!  Looks great!  The only problem I would have with a car like that is, its so nice and original I would hate to do any mods to it at all.  I dont even know if I would want to put the RR hood on it, but then again, thats easily reversible if you ever wanted to change back.  Nice score for sure.   :yesnod: 
I find it strange that he left the plates on when he sold it to you though.

Hey Nacho, I see your hubcaps!   :P

DC_1

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Charger1973 on March 19, 2007, 12:04:06 PM
Glad to see you got her home!  Looks great!  The only problem I would have with a car like that is, its so nice and original I would hate to do any mods to it at all.  I don't even know if I would want to put the RR hood on it, but then again, thats easily reversible if you ever wanted to change back.  Nice score for sure.   :yesnod: 

Hi,
   I really do not think I would have made it home safe in my 91' Chevy. I am really lucky to have a brother to help me out. The seller said that he did not care about the plates and to just keep them. He said they are good until December 2007 and that I will have a set of IL plates to hang up in my garage. He is a good honest Mopar collector and said that he knows I would not do anything ignorant with his plates. I thought that it was weird myself. :shruggy:
   Even though it is a 74' SB Satellite I think that it is a nice clean original Mopar. I really have always wanted a Satellite to go with a Charger. I am middle class so to me , even though it is a Satellite, it is like owing a super rare Mopar. I remember these Satellites from when I was young. :yesnod:
    Nacho, that is right, you do have those caps on your Rally. :thumbs:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

The70RT

Quote from: Charger1973 on March 19, 2007, 12:04:06 PM
Glad to see you got her home!  Looks great!  The only problem I would have with a car like that is, its so nice and original I would hate to do any mods to it at all.  I dont even know if I would want to put the RR hood on it, but then again, thats easily reversible if you ever wanted to change back.  Nice score for sure.   :yesnod: 

Even though it is clean and unmolested, I don't think cloning would ever hurt the value. Kinda like making a 318 Charger into an R/T.....doesn't hurt the value. Putting a better hood, stripes,buckets etc. will make it more desirable IMO.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us