News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What does stage 5 mean on heads ?

Started by skip68, February 24, 2007, 09:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I was wanting to know what it means if you have stage 5 heads ?    Thanks,   Chuck...................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

firefighter3931

Chuck, Stage 5 heads are basicly open camber iron castings that have a little extra material for additional porting. They flow essentially the same as a 906/346/452 oem casting but have more upside potential if you want to get busy with the die grinder. These are not production heads and were/are sold under the Direct Connection/Mopar Performance banner.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

skip68

Thank's Ron.  I allways thought they were real special or something.                       Chuck................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

NMike

what ever happen to Stage V Engineering? ise to hear alot about them in the 90's, but not so much any more. their website shows getting updated, 2001 LOL.

did the Mopar Crate hemi's kill them off?

Chryco Psycho

StageV is still around & make a top quality product

rob9593

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 15, 2007, 10:10:33 AM
StageV is still around & make a top quality product

They flow pretty well.....check out the flowsheet for the StageV Hemi head with a rough port only...

http://www.bestmachineracing.com/index2flow.html