News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Redline Gauge Works

Started by Shakey, February 23, 2007, 02:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

In mid-January I sent my instrument cluster to Redline Gauge Works for a complete restoration.  As most folks do, I am trying to document every aspect of my project so I contacted Redline and informed them that I'd like to stop by for a visit, introduce myself and take some photos.  I'm also interested in meeting people that I write somewhat large cheques to and the folks at Redline were very accommodating and invited me to pay them a visit.  As some of you may know, I have been in the SW all this past week and did so on my way from Las Vegas to the Los Angeles area.

Shannon, the fella that owns Redline, is one helluva nice guy.  He took time from his busy schedule (sorry to the folks that have parts there) to show me around, introduce me to all of his employees and tell me a bit about the company and how they got started.

Shannon is 38 years old, (a young guy like me  :D ) and got his start repairing speedometers at North Hollywood Speedometer and Clock Co. back in the early '90's.  While he was there, he spent most of his time working on speedo's and gauges for high end German sports cars and gained valuable experience that he would soon parlay into his own business.  The small and rapidly growing business is family run and the atmosphere seems to be a pleasant one as the business is run out of an older house that has been fully converted to accommodate the machinery and the work stations.  The garage houses the larger tools and the sandblaster while the work stations are broken up into three different areas of the house.

A Mopar guy through and through, Shannon does work for some of the more reputable restoration shops in the United States such as Restorations by Julius in CA (http://www.rbyj.com/) and Aloha Automotive Service in WI (http://www.alohadreamcars.com/).  Although he specializes in Mopars, he does work on all types of instrument clusters and gauges.

Anyways, here are the photos I took during my visit.

http://www.redlinegaugeworks.com/default.asp

Shakey

:yesnod:

Shakey

Shakey

Shakey

mikepmcs

Definitely looks like he knows what he's doing.  Thanks for the pics.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HITMAN 149

shakey...
whose cluster is that in the pics??? haahhaha would of been funny if it were a members!!!!!!
that was cool....a hell of a way to advertise!!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

hemi68charger

Soooooooooo, that's where my gauge cluster is right now having it's amp-2-volt metamorphism carried out..    :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for the pictures......... I've talked to Shannon a few times and he seems like a straight up guy and very easy to talk to... Good customer service.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 23, 2007, 03:06:05 PM
Definitely looks like he knows what he's doing.  Thanks for the pics.

v/r
Mike

:iagree:  yep that guy knows his stuff  :yesnod:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice write up Mike.....you sure do get around :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

THE CHARGER PUNK

cool lookin 69 polara hes got sittin our front :yesnod:

89MOPAR

I bought one of their oil pressure gages that was meant to fit in a non-rallye E-body dash. Came with the sender, etc.
Very Nice. Happy with the purchase !
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Steve P.

Pretty cool Shakey. Thanks for sharing.  Where are you headed next??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mikepmcs

ooh nice try steve.

right click save this one. :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Quote from: Steve P. on February 23, 2007, 08:37:40 PM
Pretty cool Shakey. Thanks for sharing.  Where are you headed next??

I'm on the road for one night next week and then the week after that I'll be heading out for another three nights.

I'll be sure to drop a few hints and clues in the photos!   :yesnod:

dkn1997

I wish I knew how to get the odometer wheel white again, looks like redline has figured it out!!!
RECHRGED

autodynamics

this is the one he did for me....

autodynamics

hemi68charger

Here's what I got from them yesterday...... Pleasantly surprised it showed up. It wasn't due till Monday...... So, I have a weekend project now...

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Charger_Fan

Thanks for the writeup, Shakey. :thumbs:
I'm definitely keeping them in mind for when I need mine done, they sure do good looking work. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Steve P.

Looks like they do very nice work.

Hey Autodynamics. What did that run you and how bad was it when you sent it in??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 24, 2007, 10:41:21 AM
Here's what I got from them yesterday...... Pleasantly surprised it showed up. It wasn't due till Monday...... So, I have a weekend project now...

Troy, what did that run you for the conversion?   That would be pretty cool.  Right now I have mine bypassed and I refuse to take out my cluster again but..... ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 25, 2007, 06:45:11 AM
Troy, what did that run you for the conversion?   That would be pretty cool.  Right now I have mine bypassed and I refuse to take out my cluster again but..... ;)

Did you see the photos of the VIN tags from last week yet?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 25, 2007, 06:45:11 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 24, 2007, 10:41:21 AM

Chris...... I believe it was $125....... I thought it was $100......  I'll hopefully find out this week........ Tinkering with Dana on cleaning and such as I put her back together............   I'm going now to connect the black and red amp wires together and MAKE sure they are isolated and insulated.... Slow going with the race on as well........

I got my dash out in about an half an hour..... The trick is letting that steering column down and then sliding it out.....
Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

I've got my dash removal down to about 20-25 mins now so I got you beat there ;)
Now its the principle of the matter :)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T