News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW? 1973 Dodge Charger Rallye with pictures

Started by Charger1973, January 10, 2007, 05:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemihead

I don't see that as a useless line.It is a fact.If you have something that is undesired it is not worth anything.If one person will give you $100 for an item and someone else will give you $150 that would lead one to believe it is worth $150.If you listen to the Insurance companies a 73 Charger is worth $300.Does that make it so?People throw around values and everyone has their own option of that value.If most guys here were looking at that car to buy for themselves they would never give the owner that kind of money for that car, they would say " It's not worth that" and then make a low ball offer.Then when they sell they get offended when they don't get 2 or 3 times as much as they paid for it.I believe the best thing to do is do your research and come to your own conclusions.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Charger1973

All very good information. 

Im really just looking to see what you guys would give for that car if YOU were to buy it.  Im not really asking how much should I spend...  just trying to get an average value based on opinions of other people who would have an interest in buying a car like this. 

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

twilt

Sorry that i don`t have time for economics lesson this morning. My point is that answering a WIW question with the "whatever someone is willing to pay" line is simply not helpful. Kind of like answering a question with a question.

For what it's worth, I sold a 1973 340 rallye with a sunroof last year for $3,500. The car was numbers matching, with no major rust, but it did need everything else. The guy that bought it from me is trying to sell it for $6,500, which I think is too much for the car.
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

ch7073

I really like this car. If the car is very very nice I would be willing to pay up to 10,000 to 12,000 for it. I love the green. But I am aware that the color is a huge turn off to many people. Bottom line: what someone is willing to pay is what it is worth at that time. If this car is for sale I would like to buy it.

chargerkid

The car is worth around $6,000.00 tops.  Would I give that much for it?  Me personally...no.  Times are bad in alot of areas and people are getting rid of their cars.  So there are alot of cars out there for sale.  I think if you were to buy it and hold it for a few years it may double the price once the economy picks up again.  Condition of the interior really doesn't matter.  It more of the body and frame rails.  Interiors are an easy fix, not as costly, and can be replaced in a day.

Yes it's my opinion.  But I have been dealing alot with these cars.  I have seen what they go for locally, nationally, on the net, at auctions, and mopar shows.  The 73 and 74 cars aren't bringing that high dollar of money.  People are more focused towards the 71 and 72 than the 73 and 74.  I like all four years.

I have that same car.  The same green color, but at least I have the matching block and it's a sunroof car.  The car only has 34,000 on it.  But it was stripped of most of its parts when I bought it.  It seems I can't give my car away for $1,500.00.  Oh and BMOTOXSTAR says its a turd and he wouldn't give $500.00 for mine. 

jasonfromIKILLYA

I'm going with around $6,000.  There were something like 116,000 chargers made in 73, and no one except us crazies seems to like them so it's just not worth that much.  It's more about what it means to you though.  When I get done with mine it's not going to be worth much to anyone (cause I'm making my own version) but I could care less.  It's my charger, and I'm planning to be burried in it.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

vert

I have to side with Hemihead on this.  It does look like a nice car tho.  BTW, I saw a nice 72 Rayyle for $9k recently.  Looked really good in pictures.  I'm a 71 guy personally...

Charger1973

Ok well this car just sold yesterday...  It was in a local estate auction.  I had a friend who attended and was going to bid for me, if it went cheap...   Would you beleive they got $18,000 for it?   ???  :o

supserdave

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
  My very nice 73' 400 Rally must be worth some big $. I will have to sell it and go buy that 71' R/T that I am dreaming about, I will be 1/2 way there !  :haha:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

I honestly thought I might get lucky, because everything was solid ice yesterday morning when they had the sale.  I didnt figure many people would even show up...

BMOTOXSTAR

That does suck. I wish you would have found a deal also. It sucks that an average buyer can't afford a nice 3rd gen anymore. It has me sick.  :Twocents:The past few years have been really stupid. I buy my Mopars to keep & not to re-sell & profit. That is why it pisses me off. I am going to buy a 74' Satellite before they go up as well.
Really feels like a kick in the nads when you might get lucky on a Mopar and some choch pays more than it is worth and ends up with the Mopar you want. :flame:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

41husk

Shoot, I am growing fonder and fonder of my 73 rallye U code with a 72 air grabber hood.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up