News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**HELP!!! - Color Combo??? Wheels??? Vinyl or no Vinyl???

Started by HITMAN 149, February 23, 2007, 01:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

mikes wheels are bout 600 per wheels. if you dont have the money save until you do. dont put on a nice tux, when you dont have the shoes to match!! wait until you do then it will all pay off. many of us put wheels on that we can afford rather than wheels that belong. dont compromise. realize what you want and get those...look at some companies like budnik, billet specialties, boyd, to name a few..stay away from the big box companies for that custom look unless thats all you can budget... good luck choosing the right wheel is tough!

HITMAN 149

EFFIN LOVE IT!!!!!!!!: quote from autodynamics-"dont put on a nice tux, when you dont have the shoes to match!!"  :cheers: 
it's a combo of both..they are nice wheels..i think anyway...and they are within my project budget!! also.... i don't have /not doing the suspension upgrades that mike has, to handle 18" & 19" wheels & the low profile tires. i was thinkin on 16"s maybe 17"s ??? any comments??...anyone..anyone..buhler...buhler!!!  :P
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

chargerboy69

Well when I talked with Mike about it, he did not do anything special, as far as suspension upgrades to handle the larger wheels. The suspension is upgraded, but not to accomodate the wheels. They should bolt right on. The rear is lowered about 2 1/2", and the torsion bars are cranked down. I believe he took a leaf out of his springs and used a 1 1/2 inch block. I will just use a 2" block and run the stock springs. And since my car is black with a red stripe, but a 69, I already know it will look good. I found a great deal on his wheels. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you the information.

I wanna be like Mike.  :icon_smile_big:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

NYCMille

Man there a lot of wheels out there. Here are couple of my favorite's:

Both American Racing wheels - put these on with the right stance and I think the car would look great.

This a Bonspeed wheel - I would take this wheel and have the center power coated gun metal and leave the polished lip

This a Boze Alloy Wheels - again, don't be afraid to think outside the box - I think these would look great as well

Just some suggestions - again, the main this the right wheel with the right stance.

Cheers - Mike

HITMAN 149

thanks mike....
i like the boze alloy... i like 5 spoke wheels???  i found a couple of those boyds wheels that i like?!?!? hmmmm not bad coin either!!!! but the hunt continues..... i still have plenty of time.  :icon_smile_big:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

ok...well i think i'm gonna ditch the vinyl roof idea...since i've had nightmares about it being a "moisture/rust trap" since a couple guys mentioned it!!!! (bastards!!! LOL) still up in the air about the metallic gray or metallic black??? and the wheels...however i now have some new wheels idea...thanks NYC MIKE & DIRTY SANCHEZ!!! LOL love that sanchez!!! hahah i was looking at some foose wheels on his website?? any clue what they go for?!?!?!  ::) i can just imagine?!?!? anybody have 17" or 18" amer racing TT II's???  (sorry mike...i don't like the 2 A.R.'s you picked)  :icon_smile_blackeye:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

I'd like to see DS440 chop that gray one without the vinyl, I bet that would look killer.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HITMAN 149

snce i already asked him for like 16-kabillion chops... maybe you should ask him!!!  :icon_smile_cool: hehehehe
i did find about 4 beemers w/ that sparkling gray metallic paint while driving around ( i mean dilligentley patrolling ..detering crime!!  :image_294343: ) last night at work...it is a sweet color!!! but i was sooooooooooooo set on black!!!  ::) and i love the black w/ gray stripe!!!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

So did you cut a chunk ou tof the bumper of one of them too.LOL
I'd be happy to ask DS for you.
I'm talking the number 2 one on the last set of pictures you posted.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HITMAN 149

i was tempted to snatch off a gas door!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha!!!!!!!! but lets see....hhmmmmm $200. at the beemer dealer or my pension.... cause you know someone would friggin see me or have a camera taping somewhere.. and i'd be on the 6:00 news!!!!!!!! hahahaha there are like 100 damn cameras all around town...but of course NONE of them ever catch any friggin criminals doing anything...but they always catch US  :police: :rant:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

BigBlockSam

Quoteditch the vinyl roof idea...since i've had nightmares about it being a "moisture/rust trap

i like vinyl  roofs . just paint it first before you attach the vinyl  . thats helps alot. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

68chrgrwife

Ok here is a chick's opinion.....I like the grey with the black stripes and the hopster wheels..I also like vynal, but like someone else said vinyl is a killer....solution...do what we did.  we painted our top black!!!  Instead of the vinyl we had our paint guy paint where the vinyl would be black ....i wa skeptical at first, but it looks great!  Just a chick's opinion...also for interior--do black with grey inserts...ours are black with yellow inserts and look HOT!!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

HITMAN 149

hey wifey...
got some pics of that for me???? i'd like to see what it looks like???
thanks.....
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

68chrgrwife

here are some pics.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

HITMAN 149

hey wifey... :P
thanks for the pics .. a lil tough to tell though?!?!?, also are those stock 68 seat covers??? the pleats look really wide. and boy does the yellow show, against the black!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_cool:
thanks....
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

68chrgrwife

Quote from: hobobum149 on February 26, 2007, 11:31:36 AM
hey wifey... :P
thanks for the pics .. a lil tough to tell though?!?!?, also are those stock 68 seat covers??? the pleats look really wide. and boy does the yellow show, against the black!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_cool:
thanks....
-JOHN

they are not stock...we had a guy make them for us...he had a picture of the stock seats and came up with those.  I thought they were HOT!  sorry for the picture quality it is kinda hard with the car in the garage
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

HITMAN 149

well........ ::)
what do ya think???? i think it looks sweet!!!!!!!???? anyone????
DS put on 17" lookin amer racing TT II's!!! :icon_smile_big:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

68chrgrwife

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on February 26, 2007, 11:01:20 PM
well........ ::)
what do ya think???? i think it looks sweet!!!!!!!???? anyone????
DS put on 17" lookin amer racing TT II's!!! :icon_smile_big:

it does look nice!!!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

68chrgrwife

I am still preferential to the grey with black stripes, but this works too...definatly a head turner.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

HITMAN 149

i love the gray...when i see em on the BMW...but i'm not tooo crazy about it photoshoped???
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

68chrgrwife

just remember that it will different in person then on a computer.  my challenger color was a lot different on the computer than it was in person.  Just a thought......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

HITMAN 149

yea i know... caus the color looks sooooo sweet out in person on the street!!!!! i have planty of time before paint yet.
it's at teh shop, motor, tranny..ect..ect ::). but soon!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

68chrgrwife

you're just as bad as hubby...he changed the color twice before we even got the old paint off and found a shop to help us!! LOL  I love you guys......Iam just when it's time, I'll worry about it, until then whatever needs to be done first lets worry about that.....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

HITMAN 149

hahaha
yea it's at my frinds shop..tranny is all done & ready!!! motor is out ...gonna spray it HEMI ORANGE!!! new black mopar perf vavlev covers and air clearner too, clean up all the wiring, rebuild the carb (convert to elect choke too) re-do the rear ..has 3:91's or 4:10/11's??  too hight for street.. prob do.. 3:73 or 3:55??  all the goood stufffff!!!!!!! LOL :icon_smile_big:
01 BMW 740i SPORT