News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**HELP!!! - Color Combo??? Wheels??? Vinyl or no Vinyl???

Started by HITMAN 149, February 23, 2007, 01:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

well.... i was gonna do a poll... but would have to do 3 different one's... so i decided to just ask outright. (also..this way troy, doesn't move me all around!!! LOL  :icon_smile_big:)
i have a 68 Charger R/T, 727 auto on floor. looking to do a resto/mod.  well i was thinkin on a couple things....paint, wheels & vinyl..or no vinyl (MIKE!!!) hahaha
So, with MUCH help from DS(photoshop guru) pics of MR. ANGRY (Thanks NYC MIKE!!!), MikePMCS and input from everybody else......
here we go!!!!!!
first i guess, Wheels.....
1) American Racing Hopsters (thinkin on 16's for both).         2) American Racing Torque Thrust II's.

3)Vinyl.         4) NO Vinyl????. ( i was thinking vinyl to break it up????)

and here is the big one....Color Combo?????

5) Black w/ dark gray stripes ( it's is a beautifull BMW color "Black Saphire Metallic" (sweeeet). pics of MR. Angry w/ a vinyl & w/out vinyl) ???
5a) Black w/ flat black stripes.
5b) dark metallic gray (BMW-Sparkling Graphite Metallic) w/ black stripes.

i may have to do this in two posts..since you can only post 4 pics per post. i will include pics of the  2 wheels, the cars DS photo'd for me!!!
just trying to get some  opinions?????
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

HITMAN 149

well here's part 2... so i can put up more pics of what i'm thinkin?!?!?!?
thanks!!!!!!!!! 
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Troy

I merged it all for you (you can reply to your own thread to add more pics).

PocketThunder has Hopsters on his 68 (or is that Hotrod98? I forgot). I am sick of seeing Torque Thrusts and there's no way I plan on using them. Unfortunately, they just look right and they come in a million different sizes, colors, and offsets to fit nearly anything. No vinyl. Charcoal gray with black stripe.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

HITMAN 149

THANKS!!!
i like both!!! yea alot have tt's. i have to go see that beemer color in person... not crazy the way it came out photshop'd?!?!?! DS did a GREAT Job..it's hard to do metallics on photo!!! i want some sort of open wheel..since i order SSBC front disc's w/ orange powdercoated force 10 calipers!! NICE!!! ;) this way they will show & not be hidden!!!! it is pocket who has hopsters!!
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

John,
I'm torn between charcoal gray with black stripe and mr angry_no vinyl in first post. 
Both look awesome, I just think the Charcoal would be a little more unique.   Not that there is anything wrong with black at all shiny or flat, lol(reference to another thread). 
Either wheel is mint for the application IMO, I don't think you can go wrong there if those are the 2 you've narrowed it down to.
What is going to be the interior color choice again? cause that could play into the decision making as well.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HITMAN 149

mua-hahahaha  :devil: more pics of another charger i had DS (greatfully) do for me!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

Definitely the second one on that last post for me as I'm looking at all the options now and the vinyl top looks awesome on that color combo.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HITMAN 149

yo mike......
interior is either straigh black or black w/ drak gray pleats (if i decide to go w/ 68 stock style seats covers) i was thinkin maybe have mcmahon mopars make me something with a logo on it?!?!?!? hhmmmmmmm????? for the door panels & seats????  ;)
i'm not too crazy the way the metallic gray came out on photoshop??? (DS did a GREAT JOB!!! but metallics are hard!!)  i'll find a beemer and  :icon_smile_blackeye: CUT a piece out of his plastic bumber this weekend!!! LOL!!!!!! this way i have something to hold up against the car to see if i like the color!!!!! hahaha!!!! the motor is out of teh car & on the stand, gonna get sprayed HEMI ORANGE this week.. i hope!!! hahaha
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

oh yea... i would deff do a black vinyl on the gray w/ blakc stripe!!!! then  a nice black & gray int!!!!
i just love that pic of MR ANGRY w/ the dark gray stripe though!!!!!!!!!  :devil:  roof or no roof on that one though!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

That would be a killer interior combo for sure.  With a custom logo to boot,  :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
Mr Angry no vinyl is my vote if that is the way your going on that.  Crap, they're all sweet. :yesnod:

HITMAN 149

hahahaha
some help you are!!!!!!!!! LOL :icon_smile_blackeye:

YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!... I KNEW I HEARD SOMETHONE AT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!!!!!!! MY FRONT END KIT FROM PERFORMANCE SUSP.!!!!!!!!!!
NICE!!!!!!!!  i'll tear into the boxes later on!!!!!!!! nice!!!!!!! :yesnod:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

SnoPro440

I like no vinyl, charcoal, black stripe.  Sweet combo.  Hurry up and get it done. :METAL:
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Just 6T9 CHGR

Gun metal/charcoal with black roof & stripe for me......the Hopsters would be the wheel for me if I was to get custom ones :yesnod:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Oh hell YA!!!  with Hopsters ofcourse :icon_smile_big:   i'm not biased or anything towards them...  :icon_smile_wink:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargerboy69

I like the black with grey stripes, no vinyl top on Mikes car. Heck I just like Mikes car.

Did you ever think about getting Mikes wheels? I just ordered a set of his wheels for mine last week. They are a very nice looking wheel. And unlike Torq Thrust II's, nobody has them. Don't get me wrong, the Torq Thrust II's are a very nice wheel, but they are everywhere. The Hoopsters are a very nice wheel too, and not a lot of those around.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

69bronzeT5

On my 69, Im stuck between T5 Copper and a black stripe or Charcoal grey and a black stripe.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

Cody
My vote is the T5 with the stripe on your car.

v/r
Mike

Charger-Bodie

i like the grey mr angry BUT with no viyl top and also with the wheels that are on mr angry, 69 had a charcoal color available i think but dont quote me on that
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

I'm with 1hot68 when it comes to vinyl tops: NO! The advantages don't outweigh the problems IMO; they're moisture/rust traps and the upkeep is a PITA compared to paint. But I think the color you choose can be better offset by vinyl, therefore (since I am so opposed to vinyl) I would choose a color that looks good without it. I think black, red, gray, blue, really anything dark, will look fine w/o vinyl. If your car is an R/T the stripes will provide the contrast vinyl usually gets the credit for.

I like the Hopsters.

GTX

:iagree: Think twice about a vinyl top. They look great but can be an expensive proposition when you look under there again. I want one but.....
I do have a friend though who owns a paint store and says that if the top is totally dry. dry .dry and sealed before the top is applied and it NEVER gets a leak under then you might be ok. Still not worth the risk in my book.

My brother in law down in Texas is replacing the entire top of his '68 Caddy for this reason.

HITMAN 149

Quote from: chargerboy69 on February 23, 2007, 05:50:28 PM
I like the black with grey stripes, no vinyl top on Mikes car. Heck I just like Mikes car.

Did you ever think about getting Mikes wheels? I just ordered a set of his wheels for mine last week. They are a very nice looking wheel. And unlike Torq Thrust II's, nobody has them. Don't get me wrong, the Torq Thrust II's are a very nice wheel, but they are everywhere. The Hoopsters are a very nice wheel too, and not a lot of those around.

hey dirty sanchez.. hahahaha
yea i love those wheels...but they are @ $600 A PIECE!!!!!! aahhhhhhh!!!!! :o a lil steep for the budget..with the whole interior to still do!!!
thanks...
-john
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

BigBlockSam

Yea man.  i  like the black with grey stripes, from the options here. personally . black no stripe and dog dish caps. , very cool  :icon_smile_big:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

autodynamics

hobobum....i think yr car looks good. the wheels you choose either make or brake the car. the wheels on nycmile car make his ride. the wheels on yr ride. look a bit weak for the look i think your striving for. the centerline wheels are just too plain for that charger body. just imo... dont mean to offend anyone.

HITMAN 149

Quote from: autodynamics on February 24, 2007, 11:36:22 AM
hobobum....i think yr car looks good. the wheels you choose either make or brake the car. the wheels on nycmile car make his ride. the wheels on yr ride. look a bit weak for the look i think your striving for. the centerline wheels are just too plain for that charger body. just imo... dont mean to offend anyone.
hey auto....no offense taken...we're all grown men....well some of us!!! LOL
??? i'm a lil confused??  the car has centerline type wheels on it now... BUT... i'm looking to do OTHER wheels, the two amer. racing wheels at the top of the post are the two i'm trying to decide on??? unless someone has other rea$onable choices for me to consider??? hint...hint!!! LOL
i love mikes wheels but they are a lil out of the budget range!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT