News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is your all-time favorite T.V. shows??? (Past/Present)

Started by skip68, February 23, 2007, 12:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

uh thank you, thank you verry muuchhhh!

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

EMERGENCY " Rampart i need saline stat" :icon_smile_big: that was a very good show i was pissed when tvland took it off!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 23, 2007, 07:56:45 PM
EMERGENCY " Rampart i need saline stat" :icon_smile_big: that was a very good show i was pissed when tvland took it off!!

John Gage and Roy Desoto.  That show was awesome. :icon_smile_big:

"Patient is in D-fib! Rampart, we have lost the victim's pulse, beginning CPR. We're defibrilating victim, Rampart. Rampart, we have defibrilated victim, he has sinus rhythm."

I think this line was used in every episode.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 23, 2007, 08:00:26 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on February 23, 2007, 07:56:45 PM

John Gage and Roy Desoto.  That show was awesome. :icon_smile_big:

"Patient is in D-fib! Rampart, we have lost the victim's pulse, beginning CPR. We're defibrilating victim, Rampart. Rampart, we have defibrilated victim, he has sinus rhythm."

I think this line was used in every episode.

deffinatly 1 of my favorite shows
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

chargerboy69

I forgot one of the best. It is the HBO show Deadwood. If you don't know it, try to catch it. It is the best show HBO has ever done.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

I remembered another one. HBO's show Band of Brothers. The show is simply amazing from the first episode to the last. You can buy the series on DVD. Well worth every penny you spend.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

Quote from: chargerboy69 on February 23, 2007, 09:29:57 PM
I remembered another one. HBO's show Band of Brothers. The show is simply amazing from the first episode to the last. You can buy the series on DVD. Well worth every penny you spend.

I so absolutly agree with you on that! Definatly one of the best WWII shows EVER! Pretty realistic too.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

My parents told me that when I was a little kid, maybe 3 or 4, I loved watching Jack La Lane.  :shruggy:

The shows I can remember liking as a kid were:

Bozo
Soupy Sales
Speed Racer
The Three Stooges  (Hosted by Officer Joe Bolten.)
Romper Room

When I was a little older, I liked:

Gilligan's Island
Get Smart
The Rat Patrol
I Dream of Jeanie
Daktari
The Munsters
Wild Kingdom

Later on it was:

Monty Python's Flying Circus
All In The Family
Sanford & Son
Chico & The Man
Mash
Hot L Baltimore  (Very short lived & very politically incorrect at the time.)
Lotsa Luck  (Another short lived one with Dom DeLuise.)
NYPD  (Not NYPD Blue)
Barretta
Barney Miller

Then I went through a long dry spell of not watching TV. I went from the time I got my driver's license in 1980, all through college, & up to around the early 1990's. Movies were great, & I went to the theater a lot, but other than catching an occasional episode of something, I never watch anything regularly. My wife hates TV & falls asleep at the theater, so we did other things.  :D

It was when HBO started making a few series that I was watching somewhat regularly again:

Dream On  (HBO)
OZ  (HBO)
Sopranos  (HBO)
Quantum Leap  (Not on HBO, but I sort of liked it, almost time travel related, but forget when it aired)
Six Feet Under  (HBO)
Deadwood  (HBO)
Law & Order
Homicide - Life On The Street  (Anyone recall the one episode called "Subway" with Vincent D'Onofrio as the subway passenger pinned between the train & the platform?)   :o

The one all time favorite though, is Monty Python's Flying Circus. My dad just gave me the entire series for my birthday last December on DVD.  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

skip68

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 23, 2007, 10:28:12 PM
My parents told me that when I was a little kid, maybe 3 or 4, I loved watching Jack La Lane.  :shruggy:

The shows I can remember liking as a kid were:

Bozo
Soupy Sales
Speed Racer
The Three Stooges  (Hosted by Officer Joe Bolten.)
Romper Room

When I was a little older, I liked:

Gilligan's Island
Get Smart
The Rat Patrol
I Dream of Jeanie
Daktari
The Munsters
Wild Kingdom

Later on it was:

Monty Python's Flying Circus
All In The Family
Sanford & Son
Chico & The Man
Mash
Hot L Baltimore  (Very short lived & very politically incorrect at the time.)
Lotsa Luck  (Another short lived one with Dom DeLuise.)
NYPD  (Not NYPD Blue)
Barretta
Barney Miller

Then I went through a long dry spell of not watching TV. I went from the time I got my driver's license in 1980, all through college, & up to around the early 1990's. Movies were great, & I went to the theater a lot, but other than catching an occasional episode of something, I never watch anything regularly. My wife hates TV & falls asleep at the theater, so we did other things.  :D

It was when HBO started making a few series that I was watching somewhat regularly again:

Dream On  (HBO)
OZ  (HBO)
Sopranos  (HBO)
Quantum Leap  (Not on HBO, but I sort of liked it, almost time travel related, but forget when it aired)
Six Feet Under  (HBO)
Deadwood  (HBO)
Law & Order
Homicide - Life On The Street  (Anyone recall the one episode called "Subway" with Vincent D'Onofrio as the subway passenger pinned between the train & the platform?)   :o

The one all time favorite though, is Monty Python's Flying Circus. My dad just gave me the entire series for my birthday last December on DVD.  :D

Wow, I'm feeling allllllll nostalgic and crap now! ;D I remember when I was a kid I watched romper room too (maybe reruns) and got sooooooooooooo mad if the lady did not see me in the mirror! I would tell my mom, " Hello, I'm right here with my face on the screen!!!!" " Romper-Bomper-Stomper-Doo!" ;) ;D :yesnod: Mrs. Skip68
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Manfred318

In no particular order:
Beavis and Butt-Head
The Simpsons
Family Guy
King of the Hill
Futurerama
Frasier
Cops
Monty Python
Myhtbusters
UFO Files
X-Files
Andy Richter Controlls the Universe
Headbangers Ball (the old one)

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

GTX

I have some of these tv shows on film and play them in the back yard in the Summer, especially Rat Patrol but I'm getting ideas that I need some more!

Oddly enough one of the favorites that everyone likes is My Three Sons. I like that show too.

I missed out on the chance to buy a bunch of Rifleman shows and now regret it.

I haven't kept count of what's on the lists, did anyone mention Daniel Boone or Batman series?

mikepmcs

moparjohn

I think they all have been listed but did anyone say China Beach? well anyway it goes to show there is NOTHING now! I do like "the class" ans "how I met your mother" but other than that.................. I'll be in the garage!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

pettyfan43

All Time Favorite?

Dukes of HAzzard
From that same period

Magnum PI
Simon and Simon
MASH
The Fall Guy
Riptide (LOVED that 58 Vette)
Greatest American Hero (COME ON TVLAND!!!)

- PLUS-
Starsky and Hutch (WHY is this NOT on somewhere?)
The Rockford Files (gotta be the coolest Private investigator EVER!)
Hawaii 5 0
Adam 12
Emergency!
Home Improvement
Crime Story (I LOVED THIS SHOW!!!!)

-CURRENT STUFF-
Sopranos
Scrubs (One of the FUNNIEST shows I have ever seen)

ALL TIME FAVORITES
Besides the Dukes (#1)
Firefly (one of the best written shows that never found a big audience VERY SAD The Movie Serentiy is FANTASTIC))
Angel (Much better show that Buffy; where it originated)
Point Pleasant (See Firefly) 

My Current Favorite Show is  BONES - like CSI but with more STYLE!

General_01

Let's see........(putting thinking cap on)

As a kid..
1. Dukes of Hazzard
2. Magnum P.I.
3. Simon and Simon
4. Starskey and Hutch
5. Rockford Files
6. MacGuyver
7. MASH
8. A-Team
9. Airwolf
10. Knight Rider

Current:

1. 24
2. NCIS
3. Criminal Minds
4. Without a Trace
5. House
6. Monk
7. Psych
8. Boston Legal (just started watching this season)
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Mikesmopars01

GTX

WKRP in Cincinnati.

I have the entire set on dvd and love it!

"As God is my witness, I thought that turkeys could fly'   :smilielol: :smilielol:

h76

Little House on the Prairie
Seinfeld
Now-Anything on the History Channel,TLC,or Discovery

CaptMarvel

All time faves, Lost in Space, Wild Wild West, Twilight Zone, Simon & Simon, Gilligans Island, I dream of Jeannie, original Star Trek etc etc...

Big Lebowski

I grew up watching whatever Grampa was watching. That was The Waltons, Hee-Haw, Archie Bunker, original Star Trek re-runs, Baa Baa Black Sheep. I always liked the Blacksheep because my Uncle Red was an F4U-4 Corsair pilot in '45, he was an intructor at Pensicola Fl.  We also liked Bonanza, Get smart, but I hated Laurence Welk, yuck. Fast forward to '07, I really only watch the new Battlestar Galactica, whatever's on the Speed Channel, History Channel, and any western on the AMC channel...Open Range, Broken Trail, Lonesome Dove, any Clint Eastwood western. Oh ya, My name is Earl is pretty friggin funny.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

newportrider

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on February 23, 2007, 04:08:03 PM
Can't believe nobody mentioned one of my all time faves.... M*A*S*H.... had some of the best writing of any TV show ever. Current favorite would have to be '24'. Oh Yeah had to be the best show ever!! Great story lines.  Next for me would also be Hill Street Blues, the first prime time show to run multiple plot lines at the same time, IIRC.

SeattleCharger

Rome
Sopranos
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Law and Order: Criminal Intent     
                      (with Goren and blond lady)

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

68chrgrwife

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 23, 2007, 01:32:43 PM
Here's a- the start of f.  Alphabetical order.
I'll post more later.
v/r
Mike

dang mike anything you wouldn't watch..maybe that's the list we really need....LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!