News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 71 R/T Newly Painted Engine Pics And Front End Rebuild Pics

Started by Goldfinger71, February 18, 2007, 12:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

Chargerkid,
Yes im anxious but there still a few things I need to do ie..radiator,wiring needs redo,hoses,misc brackets and little annoying things that you loose when you take a car apart! :icon_smile_big:
Plus,you really can't tell from the pics but I haven't bought a carb yet! ;D :PThe air cleaner is sitting on top of a small box for "dramatic effect!" :icon_smile_sleepy:

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

RD

now put everything on, break it in with a nasty burnout... and get that clean engine bay dirty by driving the piss out of it! :D

looks good buddy! real good...  :punkrocka:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

The Ghoul

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on February 19, 2007, 01:17:19 PM

*Strip/clean undercoat the front fenderwells.....I will post pics when these projects start! :icon_smile_cool:

*Runs screaming away from gold finger holding his grinder an wire wheel*

MadScientist

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on February 19, 2007, 10:39:38 AM
Thanks guys for the encouraging words! :icon_smile_cool:
Mad Scientist,to answer your question,I used Khrylon wrinkle paint in a rattle can.I also used a hair dryer to heat up the surface(after I sprayed it) which in turn causes the paint to wrinkle.If you let it air dry it takes forever!It takes a while becuse you have to heat one small section at a time but the overall result is pretty good! :yesnod:

The reason I ask is because the wrinkle finish I used (from Eastwood) looks good, but it has ta little too much gloss to it when wrinkled.  Everything looks great! Keep up the momentum!

MS

71 RT

Goldfinger,
That is looking GREAT.  I know oyu have been spending a lot of time on it, but the time spent is definately paying off.  The front end looks great, the motor is awsome.  You inspire me to get back to work on mine!  Keep up the great work. 71 RT

72pettyblue

Nice pics, you've got me thinking.  A guy offered me a 71 r/t that has no rust, all original except for motor/trans and has a really nice white interior.  I am debating on finishing the 440 in my 72 rallye and selling it to buy the r/t.  I would have to start over on the drivetrain again
and would have wait that much longer to start driving it.  In the long run, the r/t would be the ticket. ???  I don't think the ole lady would understand why I would trade a freshly running car for a non running, but she will get over it sooner or later.  With an r/t in it, I can put a bed in the garage. :icon_smile_tongue: