News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our new toy...'85 Power Wagon

Started by Manfred318, February 22, 2007, 03:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manfred318

We finally got a new toy :boogie: Dad bought it on Monday and Ive been working my ass off (and thats alot of ass) ;D trying to get it all clean and spiffy. I got finished earlier this afternoon and decided to take a few pics. Its a 318 (just rebuilt) auto w/ 158,000 mi that runs and drives very well. The only things I can find wrong is the seat on the drivers side has seen better days and the rear bumper needs to be repainted. First to guess how much we paid for it gets a virtual beer :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Manfred318

More

Current MoPars:

mikepmcs

$500.00
That's not an insult, you just make it sound like you got a good deal.

Nice truck!!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Manfred318

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 22, 2007, 03:48:56 PM
$500.00
That's not an insult, you just make it sound like you got a good deal.

Nice truck!!

v/r
Mike
Nope a bit more than that but I would consider it a good deal for what we paid fot it.

Current MoPars:

whitehatspecial

Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Manfred318

Current MoPars:

CB

you paid $1450, 50 bucks you got back because the gas was finished :)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Todd Wilson

Too bad its not a Power Wagon!   :-[

Todd

bull

I had an '85 Prospector 4X4 short bed for years. Great truck.

TruckDriver

$1,500. I won't tell you the amount of parts I just tossed out for that year because no one wanted them. :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mean 318

Manfred318

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 22, 2007, 05:31:22 PM
$1,500. I won't tell you the amount of parts I just tossed out for that year because no one wanted them. :-\
*DING* *DING* *DING* We have a winner
Here just for you a big frosty cold beer  :cheers:
Too bad about the parts too I could have used 'em for a spare, oh well poop happens.

Quote from: Todd Wilson on February 22, 2007, 04:38:31 PM
Too bad its not a Power Wagon! :-[

Todd
Power Ram I should have said

Current MoPars:

TruckDriver

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_approve: That some good vitual beer :laugh: I figured that's what I would of offered someone for it.  :yesnod: Even your Ram is still on the hood. Those are usually one of the first things to dissapear.

For what it's worth... I tossed out a perfect chrome front bumper, good mirrors the same as on yours, a set of factory wagon spoke mag wheels (trim ring type), one set of steel wheels with really good tires, plus a set of chrome rims 15x8s, chrome trim, a good rear window, a good headlight/turn signal frame, a spare rear turn signal lense, and a few other misc things. I have nothing to put them on, and needed to make room for my oldest son moving back home :-\    I still have 3 trim rings I forgot to toss out though if you want them. :yesnod:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mean 318

A nice coat of black or white... imo gloss black,and a seat cover will make it look great! Any rust? Looks super clean from here! I really love to see these old trucks! Here is mine.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23181.msg252812.html#msg252812

PocketThunder

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 22, 2007, 11:27:13 PM
:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_approve: That some good vitual beer :laugh: I figured that's what I would of offered someone for it.  :yesnod: Even your Ram is still on the hood. Those are usually one of the first things to dissapear.

For what it's worth... I tossed out a perfect chrome front bumper, good mirrors the same as on yours, a set of factory wagon spoke mag wheels (trim ring type), one set of steel wheels with really good tires, plus a set of chrome rims 15x8s, chrome trim, a good rear window, a good headlight/turn signal frame, a spare rear turn signal lense, and a few other misc things. I have nothing to put them on, and needed to make room for my oldest son moving back home :-\    I still have 3 trim rings I forgot to toss out though if you want them. :yesnod:

Well crap!  How long ago did you toss the bumper and taillight?  I should have been on top of that...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

Some went out in November, most went out last week :-\ seriously.
PETE

Manfred318

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 22, 2007, 11:27:13 PM

Shure find out how much to ship them and let me know.
Quote from: Mean 318 on February 22, 2007, 11:52:30 PM
A nice coat of black or white... imo gloss black,and a seat cover will make it look great! Any rust? Looks super clean from here! I really love to see these old trucks! Here is mine.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23181.msg252812.html#msg252812
Awsome looking truck.  :2thumbs: I love 'em too. No rust except one small spot under the back window where the paint was knocked off years ago, nothing major. I think gloss black with the gold striping would look awsome, :yesnod: (warlock-esque)  but for right now were just gonna pick up a seat cover and drive the crap out of it.

Current MoPars: