News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hit a deer with my Charger today!!!!!

Started by RECHRGD, September 05, 2005, 08:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

I decided to go to a car show in Spirit Lake, Idaho this morning.  I wanted to take the scenic route rather than the more traveled highways.  I slid in the Doors Greatest Hits CD and hit the road.  While cruising along at 50+ mph in my back to the 60's trance, A large Fawn (spots almost gone) with a death wish burst out of the dense woods landing right in front of my beloved Charger.  I didn't even have time to hit the brakes.  I smacked it so hard that it flew about 40 to 50 feet into the bushes on the other side of the road and appeared to be dead while flying through the air.  As I pulled to the side of the road and turned on the emergency flashers (yes they work) I just knew I would be looking at thousands of dollars worth of damage when I walked around the front of the car.  I was in shock that the only damage was the license plate and frame, which was easily pulled back into shape and some bruising of the impact areas of the bumper that was easily waxed off.  When I got to the show and spent more time looking for damage, I saw that the drivers side of the bumper was pushed back maybe 1/2" but the bumper was fine and I can adjust the bumper back out into place.  A neighbor of ours hit a deer last week with their Ford 3/4 ton pick-up at 40 mph and have over $2,500.00 in damages, including a bent frame.  Are our old Mopars tough or what?  To top off a perfect day, I got stopped on my road about 1/2 mile from my home tonight.  It seems someone dumped a body back in the woods!  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

ChargerSG

Sounds like a busy day, with an happy ending for the Charger...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

TheGhost

Pretty damn lucky you didn't have more damage, I'd say.

And, that last thing sucks. :-\
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

dd44068

My father hit a deer with his 70 about a month ago the only damage was the licence plate bracket and a little damage to the front valance but hardley enough to notice without knowing of it. You are right though they are tough.

mustanghater

a couple of months ago me and my parents were coming back from townin our van down a country road and we see a deer come running out of the woods. it misses the front but hits the side right at my window.It hits the side and we run it over.it broke the glass and the fiberglass running boards.Bringing up a total of 1100 dollars. they had to find a running board off a wreacked convertion van for our converstion van.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Afflyer

Wow!  That's a helluva story- especially the part about the body being dumped in the woods!  :scared:

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TruckDriver

Angles were watching over you & your car today. Good to here you and your car are doing good. It could of been a 12 point buck you hit instead!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

greatwn73

I've posted this a while ago but here's my wife's successful deer hunt last fall. $8500.00 but we grow ours a little bigger up here.

Badbob

69bananabeast

looks like somethin a darn moos that hit  ???  ^^
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

dpm68

Okay, what about the deer? did you field dress it on the spot, or did you just leave it? It might have your plate print imprinted on its hide which means it could possibly go to the law and turn you in ya know.
                          -Inquiring minds wanna know,
                                                     dm

BB1

No No.. the only way is to drag the body into the woods... blood trailing sticking to your shoes... just clean the offending vehicle and nobody say nuten....

And get rid of the shoes.
Delete my profile

JimShine

A deer ran into my '69 this past spring. It was the first time it was taken out this year. We were driving up a hill and he ran out and right into the drivers side of the car. The door handle sliced him open pretty good. I thought it was fine until a few days later I could see the door handle area was creased in and there was a crease in the rear quarter. Could have been much worse.

Wakko

That's great, but I also want to know about the deer. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

THE CHARGER PUNK

yes i would also like to know about what happend to this deer and what about a body being dumped was it a person?-MATT

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

89MOPAR

Consider installing deer whistles on your car ??
Glad not too much damage....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

FastbackJon

Wow that was lucky. I hit one with my '74 Dart Swinger a couple years ago, only going 15-20mph at night time and it pushed in the top valance in front of the hood, and messed up one fender and a small part of the grille. The one I hit was fully grown. Didn't kill it, just knocked it down and it got up and continued across the road.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

CB

Now Santa has one deer less...

Happy for you everything is ok!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

MoparYoungGun

It's great to hear both you and your car are ok!

THE COLONEL

I have worried about that many times in The Colonel, and have even saw some, but luckily never hit one.....yet.  The way I look at it is, it better be dead after i hit, because I will run over it again, and again until it is. :flame: ;D ;)

I'm glad you are both fine.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

73rallye440magnum

hit one with my ramcharger this summer going about 30... not a scratch. tough old beast. not that it matters though. its a huge pile.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Brock Samson

moparguy01

i feel deer whistles are complete crap. i've hit 5 deer in the last 6 years. every time the vehicle had the whistles on the front of the vehicle. ive never nailed a deer in a vehicle without them. could be i just got lucky. but i doubt it. i hit 3 of those deer in my 91 ford e350 van with customized huge ass bumpers. the last one actually damaged the poor thing. it cracked the grille. normally id just clean the blood and fur off and it was fine.

ChgrSteve67

Why can't this happen durring dear season when you have a valid tag in your pocket?