News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Bone Yard

Started by Shakey, February 22, 2007, 01:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bear

the article in the magazine looks like the place maybe if someone knows what magazine it is in you could find out where it is

Shakey

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on February 23, 2007, 03:44:04 PM
Quote from: Shakey on February 23, 2007, 03:29:01 PM
So, take a guess what he wanted for the pads and let's hear from the folks who think they know who this guy is and where he keeps his stuff.  We'll drag this out for a bit more!   :yesnod:

OK... My guess is Darryl in Southern California...

XS

Well done!   :cheers:

Are the photos you posted yours?

If so, when did you visit?

Do you have more photos you'd like to add?  Please do!

xs29j8Bullitt

...let's hear from the folks who think they know who this guy is and where he keeps his stuff.  We'll drag this out for a bit more!   :yesnod:

My guess is still Darryl F. from P.,CA...  :shruggy:

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

GTX

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Shakey on February 23, 2007, 04:57:58 PM
Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on February 23, 2007, 03:44:04 PM
So, take a guess what he wanted for the pads and let's hear from the folks who think they know who this guy is and where he keeps his stuff.  We'll drag this out for a bit more!   :yesnod:

OK... My guess is Darryl in Southern California...

XS

Well done!   :cheers:

OOOPS... I was slowly typing my post when you posted.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I have never been there, but had heard of  him before.  I took your clue (magazine article) and did some detective work on Google.

I found this:

http://www.moparmax.com/features/2006/ii_1-salvage-1.html

Thats where the pictures came from...

Also, I found this:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/performance/topic/735-1.html

I used other resources also... like a reverse telephone lookup.

XS

Shakey

Darryl Finch is located in Phelan, CA.  Just South of Victorville off of I-15.  760-963-7809

If you're interested in something, give him a call but as mentioned, be prepared for the prices.  Please don't waste his time calling him if you're not serious about buying something as nobody likes to entertain tire kickers.  I am sure he has much better things to do than to take calls from someone that is just curious to find out how much the A-Body NOS 4-speed is.  I'm sure it'll be in the 5 figure range.

As you can see from the photos, he has plenty of great parts for sale as well as some great re-builders.

If you do buy something from him, share the experience with us and some photos of your purchase.

GTX

What does he ask for any of those Challengers or Barracudas?

Charger_Fan

Nice bit of detective work there, XS. :cheers: :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bear

no it is the one you posted i just saved it so i could post it

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 23, 2007, 05:15:53 PM
Nice bit of detective work there, XS. :cheers: :icon_smile_cool:

Thanks Charger Fan!...  :scope:  :icon_smile_big:

XS

69charger2002

so how much were the 2 pads? $175?
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

mikesbbody

i had a hunch it was darryl from so cal the yard looked like his, but the landscape looked very az! when i was in l.a i googled him and got a address but the funny thing was it was incorrect! the yard i went to was mainly newer cars but there were a few third gen chargers there but it didnt take me long to realise i was in the wrong place! to cut a long story short, i called him (hard to get ahold of) and asked if he had the parts i was looking for and he did. 2 problems 1. almost out of cash 2. leaving l.a the next day so it didnt happen his yard was in a issue of muscle car review from last year.

mikepmcs

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 23, 2007, 10:44:44 PM
so how much were the 2 pads? $175?
Mike said it was $300 just for the right side pad.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TripleBlackGator

I'm enjoying the fact that this time i'm not the one in the middle of a bitch fest.  ;D
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

The70RT

Im sure he has lots of overhead there........like watering those two trees and dumping waste from the campers they live in there..........or maybe feeding the guard dogs  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CornDogsCharger

Hey Shakey, Thanks for posting the pictures... Those are some awesome shots.  I don't mind seeing an old car sut up... but it sucks to see a car cut up.... with no rust what so ever.  Oh well.  I was looking around on Google and wanted to ask..... is this it??

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

d72hemi

I was there July 06, Darryl is a great guy, and know a lot. His prices are (for the most part) E-bay to E-bay++. I picked up a complete (drum to drum) 8 3/4 with 2.76 gears for $300. I took a bunch of picks to post here, but never got to it. Sorry. I wish I checked out this thread earlier, I wanted to be the first person with the right guess. LOL. That place is just off of cajon pass/I-15. It makes for a nice ride, hope you like "hills".  :devil:

68chrgrwife

Quote from: chargerman68 on February 22, 2007, 01:58:41 PM
WHERE IS THIS PLACE I HAVE TAX REFUND MONEY TO SPEND.......NEED A NEW PROJECT......

ummm excuse me tax refund money to spend...you wish!!  It's all gone and you spent most of it!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Shakey on February 23, 2007, 05:09:15 PM
Darryl Finch is located in Phelan, CA.  Just South of Victorville off of I-15.  760-963-7809

If you're interested in something, give him a call but as mentioned, be prepared for the prices.  Please don't waste his time calling him if you're not serious about buying something as nobody likes to entertain tire kickers.  I am sure he has much better things to do than to take calls from someone that is just curious to find out how much the A-Body NOS 4-speed is.  I'm sure it'll be in the 5 figure range.

As you can see from the photos, he has plenty of great parts for sale as well as some great re-builders.

If you do buy something from him, share the experience with us and some photos of your purchase.

Crap i past near there on my way to mats last year...wow hubby would be pissed if he knew that.   wonder if he found out yet........
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

MoparManJim

does he have any wing cars like daytonas? as a friend of mind seen this topice an was wondering. 

Jim

Shakey

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 27, 2007, 02:21:56 PM
does he have any wing cars like daytonas? as a friend of mind seen this topice an was wondering. 

Jim

I didn't see any and I saw every corner of the yard.  Maybe he has something at home.   :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

I cant believe I never posted!!! So Shakey, can I use the pictures for my site, please? :icon_smile:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

terrible one

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 03, 2007, 02:21:31 AM
I cant believe I never posted!!! So Shakey, can I use the pictures for my site, please? :icon_smile:

Yeah you did. . . on the first page. And he said yes.  :rotz:

Brock Samson