News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Bone Yard

Started by Shakey, February 22, 2007, 01:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

THAT YARD IS AWESOME. I COULD SURE USE SOME OF THOSE PARTS ABOUT NOW. MY WIFE IS ALSO ASKING ME TO BUILD HER A CAR TOO. PLEASE LET US KNOW WHERE IT IS. BUT I COULD UNDERSTAND IF YOU DON'T.

twilt

:lol: :lol:  I bet they are REAL xxxxxxpensive too.  Quite obviously a low volume...high price operation.. Otherwise they would not have that kind of inventory remaining in 2007.  Thanx for sharing the pics, looks like a real cool place.

mikesbbody

i know some might not like me for saying this but imo posting those pics and not telling the location is both selfish and stupid, sure, i have a idea where i think it may be but i doubt very much shakey needs everything in that place but im sure there are others that would be willing to check the place out if they knew where it was. personally i couldnt care less where it is.

rt green

my god. i know where my resting place should be. well, unless their a bunch of priks.
third string oil changer

twilt

Quote from: mikesbbody on February 22, 2007, 09:50:35 PM
i know some might not like me for saying this but imo posting those pics and not telling the location is both selfish and stupid, sure, i have a idea where i think it may be but i doubt very much shakey needs everything in that place but im sure there are others that would be willing to check the place out if they knew where it was. personally i couldnt care less where it is.

Oh stop the whining. Whats the big deal if he teases the masses for a little while. Based on his history of sharing Junkyard info and pics, I bet at some point he will tell where the yard is located.

GTX

That's the way of the collecting world no matter what's being collected.  I usually share my finds with people but only after I know that I've gotten what I'm interested in.
Somethings ya gotta keep sort of quiet too. I know some guys would just close up and not deal with anyone period if too much word got out about them. I for one don't want a thousand guys calling me or hanging around my valuable stuff. May or may not apply here but it does in other places.

dpm68

Thanks buddy...I almost fainted when I saw that NOS (IN BOX) 68 R/T grille.

rare69

thanks shakey, just like everyone else. loved the pics, well worth staying up late to see.

Lowprofile

As always , great find Shakey! Kinda looks like Northern Arizona, maybe around Kingman would be my guess. :icon_smile_wink:  Nice bunch of rebuilders in that yard! They would probably crush my Charger! :icon_smile_dissapprove:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

41husk

I am sure a place like that advertises in collectors guide, many of us have probably called about parts and been quoted outrages prices, but I agree Shakey will eventually give the location.  He just played the were is shakey's hotel thread on off topic and divuldged that he is in vegas.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

Quote from: twilt on February 22, 2007, 10:19:26 PM

Oh stop the whining. Whats the big deal if he teases the masses for a little while. Based on his history of sharing Junkyard info and pics, I bet at some point he will tell where the yard is located.
:iagree: He's always spilled the beans before, he's just having fun watching us all drool. After the drool gets deep enough & he slips into his hip waders, I'm betting he'll tell us.  ;D

I think Lowpro may be onto something, I've heard of some boneyard out in the sticks near Kingman that you have to "go down this road & turn left, past the big rock, then..." and Kingman or even Prescott isn't too far from Vegas, either. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Quote from: mikesbbody on February 22, 2007, 09:50:35 PM

So I am selfish and stupid am I.   :scratchchin:

It seems you don't know me very well now do you.   :nono:

Like a few others have mentioned, I always provide the information as to what I find, where I find it and how I found it and I'll even post a link to a web site if it's available.  Perhaps you should spend a bit more time here getting to know the members before spewing off comments like you did above.  Do some research and you'll see that in the past I have posted numerous accounts of my salvage yard tours and included photos for all to enjoy as well as contact information to help others out.

Quotei have a idea where i think it may be

By you stating this and not offering up your thoughts, are you any different?  Why don't you enlighten us and tell us where you think it is!

As I mentioned, it's obvious you don't know me very well however thanks to you offering up your opinion on me, we're starting to get to know you a bit better.   :rotz:

Doright

I live very close by and go Nugget hunting in an area.....    Had no Idea I was so close to the real gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I have no real idea were this place is, although I'm guessing Arizona..... Kingman, Phoenix,Tucson,GilaBend, Casa Grande, Florence, &  Prescot,
I would greatly appreciate a location so I could pick up a part or two or three! maybe a whole car or two! dang they got nice stuff!

COOL FIND! no matter what! and you the man for letting every one know!
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

mikepmcs

I like it better trying to guess.  I'm in no hurry for the information and I like the game. :yesnod:

Is everyone really going to jump in their cars and drive right there?  Come on this is supposed to be fun. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

GTX

I did a 5 minute search on the internet last night and think I found it although I may be wrong.
Since it's not my place to blab I'll keep quiet and see if I'm right along with everyone else.........whenever Shakey wants to tell us.

If I'm right it was actually simple to see and I went DOH!

I don't think I can really afford their stuff though if I'm right and would go there someday when the opportunity allowed but necessarily wouldn't leap at it.

mikesbbody

my side of the story re: the comments i made first of all if it were me i would say "i found this place its located at so and so...number is..." (after i bought anything i needed  ;D) but thats me just because i would have done things different doesnt make what shakey's doing wrong. and he's right i didnt know his history or reveiling these places in time. Whats more i didnt call shakey personally stupid or selfish i said to not tell anyone would be...shakey also said if i knew about it doesnt that make me the same? I have a idea that's all i was told of a place in kingman az from some guy's in phoenix. I never went, I have no idea if its the same place. you all know the old saying "opinions are like assholes" (everyone has one) sometimes people get upset and it was never my intention to do that i would have done things different thats all im saying.

Shakey

Anyone who knows me, knows I am going to tell you who and where this guy is, as mentioned I'm just taking my sweet time, and I don't even know why.

I will tell you now, he defintely knows what he has and is not shy about asking for dollar amounts that even shocked me.  You see, I knew when I was getting into this hobby that it wouldn't be cheap.  I also knew, before I even got started looking for parts that if you go to someone that specializes in a certain product, they will know the value and demand top dollar for it, and I don't blame them one bit.  I am fortunate that I have almost every major part for my car and the items I look around for now are simply replacements for the so-so items I have or just spares.  I am better off taking my time and hiting the salvage yards during my travels where I'd pay $35.00 USD for a master cylinder core, rather than $300.00 USD. 

To give you an idea of what he wanted for some parts, in the attached photo there are two pads that are attached to the dash of the 2nd generation Chargers.  One to the left of the steering column, and one to the right.  Take a guess as to the price for the left and right pads.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking him, I'm just telling you that his prices are high for the budget minded car restorer.  They are not high for the folks that are doing a 100 point concours restoration who either don't know how to shop around or don't have the time.  Once again, I don't blame him.

I'll also tell you, he is one very nice fellow and I enjoyed my time meeting with him and his son and shared pleasant conversation about cars and how he got started in this hobby many years ago.

So, take a guess what he wanted for the pads and let's hear from the folks who think they know who this guy is and where he keeps his stuff.  We'll drag this out for a bit more!   :yesnod:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bull

Shakey, are you annoying the new guys again? :nana: He doesn't like to spill the beans until someone gets pissed off or people start begging. His dad was mean to him I think. :icon_smile_big:

xs29j8Bullitt

Amazing pictures...  Thanks for posting them!

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Shakey

Shakey

Quote from: mikesbbody on February 23, 2007, 03:28:33 PM
my side of the story re: the comments i made first of all if it were me i would say "i found this place its located at so and so...number is..." (after i bought anything i needed  ;D) but thats me just because i would have done things different doesnt make what shakey's doing wrong. and he's right i didnt know his history or reveiling these places in time. Whats more i didnt call shakey personally stupid or selfish i said to not tell anyone would be...shakey also said if i knew about it doesnt that make me the same? I have a idea that's all i was told of a place in kingman az from some guy's in phoenix. I never went, I have no idea if its the same place. you all know the old saying "opinions are like assholes" (everyone has one) sometimes people get upset and it was never my intention to do that i would have done things different thats all im saying.

Fair enough!   :cheers:

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Shakey on February 23, 2007, 03:29:01 PM
So, take a guess what he wanted for the pads and let's hear from the folks who think they know who this guy is and where he keeps his stuff.  We'll drag this out for a bit more!   :yesnod:

OK... My guess is Darryl in Southern California...

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

mikesbbody

as i said shakey nothing i said was intended to offend. part of the reason i didnt go was the guy's told me about his high prices and you have confirmed that he definitly knows what he has. while the pics look arizona, the yard looks alot like one in l.a mostly ebody stuff there but i ran out of time to check that place out. 

GTX

Quote from: Shakey on February 23, 2007, 03:29:01 PM
....let's hear from the folks who think they know who this guy is and where he keeps his stuff.  We'll drag this out for a bit more!   :yesnod:

DVAP\AZ classics??