News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1966-1967 charger question

Started by Rolling_Thunder, February 21, 2007, 09:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Hey guys - i got a 66-67 charger I need to pull the trim off of - specifically the trim that runs along the top of the fenders - are these held by nuts ?  if so how do i get to them ?  I can't see any real way of even seeing them let alone getting access to them
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ctcharger

The fender trim is held on with plastic clips, except the front couple of holes.  These have a acorn nut holding them.  I had the fender off the car when I took the trim off so I could get to the back side easy.  Go slow.  Mine is a 66, the fender tips(turn signals) on a 67 may be different.  I believe from the door back is held with clips. 

Ghoste

Everything he said, plus, try not to break them if possible as they are hard to find.  You may want to check the tech section on the 66-67 forum or David Walkers world famous 66-67 Charger Source Guide.  It used to be at   www.davidwalker.net/charger
The other site is in my sig.