News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2007 race season coming!

Started by GTX, February 21, 2007, 09:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Mefirst

The Hemi is getting a single plane Indy intake paired up with a 1050cmf Dominator, Roller cam and some other goodies.. Should be good for a nice amount of Hp...

/Tom

GTX

74Charger

I could definetley be into this.  My first time racing was at MATS last year.  Never stepped foot on a track before that! :eek:

I hope to get some runs in at RMR this year  We have talked about having a club night at the track this year.  They had mentioned they might give us our on lane.  Ther has also been talk about combining a night with the local corvette club.  And kicking some chebby "Booty"!

I will have my car down again at MATS this year racing in the Street class.  I learned alot last year.  Hopefully I will do alot better this year. :yesnod:

Besides me and GTX probably live fairly close.  But as far as I know have never meet.

Tom-
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

Mefirst

Quote from: GTX on February 23, 2007, 06:20:09 PM
What no Carter A.B.S?? ;)

-Sadly no budjet to put the "Carter ABS" on it at this time, but someday I will.. Then again the even with out the "Huffer", this little engine with the over sized heads should haul my Chargers behind nicely down the track..

Then again I also been having this fantasy to make it a Double Turbo engine. Never seen a Turbocharged Hemi before, and I don't think there even is one over here in Europe, so why not build the first one. The cost would be about the same as mounting a Huffer on it..

/Tom

GTX

GTX

Quote from: 74Charger on February 23, 2007, 07:05:44 PM
I could definetley be into this.  My first time racing was at MATS last year.  Never stepped foot on a track before that! :eek:

I hope to get some runs in at RMR this year  We have talked about having a club night at the track this year.  They had mentioned they might give us our on lane.  Ther has also been talk about combining a night with the local corvette club.  And kicking some chebby "Booty"!

I will have my car down again at MATS this year racing in the Street class.  I learned alot last year.  Hopefully I will do alot better this year. :yesnod:

Besides me and GTX probably live fairly close.  But as far as I know have never meet.

Tom-

I didn't know you were local. Where are you?

Have you and Ian or Grant met?
Sheesh, how many locals are on here?
Not one of the local Mopar guys I know has joined that I know of.

firefighter3931

Geez....blowers, nitrous, turbos, race hemis.....how's a little naturally aspirated pump gas wedge supposed to compete with all that !  :bawling:

At least you guys are complying with rule #3   :devil:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

LOL!!! I'm talking to Tom right now in the chat space.  He's conspiring.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mefirst

Quote from: firefighter3931 on February 23, 2007, 09:47:55 PM
Geez....blowers, nitrous, turbos, race hemis.....how's a little naturally aspirated pump gas wedge supposed to compete with all that !  :bawling:

Ron

-Dont worry Ron :pity: My Hemi is going to be N/A for this season, probably 2008 season to.. You and me need to give these other guys a chance to :D

/Tom

GTX

Quote from: firefighter3931 on February 23, 2007, 09:47:55 PM

Ron

Gee Ron, I need a blower just to run anywhere near you guys!
;D

74Charger

Quote from: GTX on February 23, 2007, 07:30:15 PM
Quote from: 74Charger on February 23, 2007, 07:05:44 PM

Tom-

I didn't know you were local. Where are you?

Have you and Ian or Grant met?
Sheesh, how many locals are on here?
Not one of the local Mopar guys I know has joined that I know of.

I am in West Jordan, Utah

Yes I have met Grant once or twice at the club meetings.  Ian?  I am not sure if I have met him.  Does not sound familar,  But I have met alot of Mopar people in the local club since last year.  There are a few of us that frequent these boards.  Some do not post.  I have been quiet for a long time on this board.  Mostly reading.   Actually Grant (Charger Fan) is the one that told me about the local club here when it first started up.  And its just taken of for me from there. :icon_smile_big:

Tom-

I too would have to do some major modifications to keep up also.  With blowers, turbo's,Hemi's, NOS!!   OH MY!!!! :eek:
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

charger490

can i play too i wont cheat :yesnod: :yesnod:  this car belongs to a friend of mine but he never takes it out of the garage. maybe i can steal it when he goes on vacation.

Mefirst

-Damn, thats one sweet looking specimen of an engine.. Wish mine will evolve to look just like that one :2thumbs:

/Tom