News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2007 race season coming!

Started by GTX, February 21, 2007, 09:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Is anyone else getting stoked for the upcoming season? :drive:
The first E.T series here is April 27 and I'm counting the days although it's usually cool and rainy still.

One of our locals is Jessie Sanderson who runs an early Barracuda with a stroked 400 in the pro class. Consistent as all get out and was #2 last year after a sub par year, nice kid too.
I have to admit though that one that I really like to watch run is Jed Dubach who runs Iron Butterfly, a nostalgia FED in the Super Quick class. Injected small block Chev in a vintage '69 front engine dragster. Usually good for the 7's into low 8's.
I love the old stuff!

Last season we saw more Mopars than for the previous several years.

Just curious, does anyone have a favorite they like to watch run wherever they are? What do they run?

mikepmcs

Well, John Force is my favorite, but I'm guessing you are talking local burners.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RD

very much so!!! but... alas... i probably wont have the RR on the track until late april/early may... have to get the cage in and rebuild the front suspension first.

my favorite to watch is my friends 68 GTX he pulls 11.4's but I just love the sublime green paint job he has.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

GTX

Yep,  talking E.T, we don't get the big guys here but once or twice for exhibition runs.  >:(

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

GTX

Sweet!  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

I used to have a '69 GTX and put a 6 pack hood on it.

moparguy01

ive been getting excited for awhile. maybe this year ONE time i go to the track will be to race my car, not mock all the other racers.  :devil:

Mefirst

My ride is most probably not ready until June/July 2007.

We also sadly lost our local track last summer, but I have found 3 race dates I'll try to attend, at two other race tracks that are about 2 hours away. I will most likely also check out the local street racing scene...

-Not to forget, me and Firefighter Ron will do battle. Sadly we are not able to physically run against each other, cause we are located on different sides of the planet. But no matter, there is still a case of beer and bragging rights riding on this -Who will have the fastest 1/4mile time slip by the end of season 2007..

The rules are simple if someone else feels up to the challenge..

1. Engine MUST be N/A, so NO use of Nitrous Oxide. (See also rule # 3)
2. Time slips must be posted in a thread that one of either me or Ron will start.
3. You must tell the others how you plan to cheat.
4. You can run slicks/DOT slicks, etc..
5. Car must be a REAL street car, that means body must be steel, only hood accepted to be fiberglass, stock looking interior, working lights, car has to be registered and street legal...
6. You must also write a report about your race day, like a story, about things that went well and things that maby did not go so well, etc... Also have someone take allot of pictures and post them as well...

/Tom

GTX

Now This sounds interesting!

I wanna hear the results.

Mefirst

Quote from: GTX on February 22, 2007, 11:16:37 AM
Now This sounds interesting!

I wanna hear the results.

GTX***

If your going to the race track, well then you have no excuse for not joining :cheers:

/Tom

GTX

'cept I can't run with the big boys!  :P

With my setup I'd take many on the street but I'd only run on the strip if I could run bigger and I'm not set up for that.

Mefirst

Quote from: GTX on February 22, 2007, 05:04:18 PM
'cept I can't run with the big boys! :P

With my setup I'd take many on the street but I'd only run on the strip if I could run bigger and I'm not set up for that.

-Dont worry about it, my ride or Rons are not the fastest cars out there.. My guess is that both cars will/may see low/mid 11sec time slips..
and if your ride is faster, well then me and Ron will just have to start cheating :nana:
/Tom

GTX

Mines probably only good for about mid 14's  ;)

MorePwr

Quote from: Mefirst on February 22, 2007, 01:03:23 AM
My ride is most probably not ready until June/July 2007.

-Not to forget, me and Firefighter Ron will do battle. Sadly we are not able to physically run against each other, cause we are located on different sides of the planet. But no matter, there is still a case of beer and bragging rights riding on this -Who will have the fastest 1/4mile time slip by the end of season 2007..

The rules are simple if someone else feels up to the challenge..

1. Engine MUST be N/A, so NO use of Nitrous Oxide. (See also rule # 3)
2. Time slips must be posted in a thread that one of either me or Ron will start.
4. You can run slicks/DOT slicks, etc..
5. Car must be a REAL street car, that means body must be steel, only hood accepted to be fiberglass, stock looking interior, working lights, car has to be registered and street legal...
6. You must also write a report about your race day, like a story, about things that went well and things that maby did not go so well, etc... Also have someone take allot of pictures and post them as well...

/Tom

I'm up to the challenge...but no glass, stock looking interior?.....c'mon guys, change the rules a bit so I can play :'(  I promise I won't use my nos :icon_smile_big:

Big Lebowski

We have a fun little 1/8 track, all you need is a helmet and you race anything, even dailys drivers. My idea of fun is racing new 4 door Chargers. Of course the 4.33 Dana does most of the work. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Mefirst

Quote from: GTX on February 22, 2007, 07:50:11 PM
Mines probably only good for about mid 14's ;)

-Yeah, right :stirthepot: You forgot rule # 3

Quote from: MorePwr on February 22, 2007, 08:27:18 PM
I'm up to the challenge...but no glass, stock looking interior?.....c'mon guys, change the rules a bit so I can play :'(  I promise I won't use my nos :icon_smile_big:

:icon_smile_big: -You can join in and play, no worries :cheers: Like GTX, you also have to check rule # 3 again

This is a race for fun and more or less just braging rights here in the Forum, but most of al its to get our Mopars out to the track and hassle Fords and Chevys, we cant let those Brand X guys have al the fun now can we??

/Tom

firefighter3931

Quote from: Mefirst on February 22, 2007, 08:45:15 PM

This is a race for fun and more or less just braging rights here in the Forum, but most of al its to get our Mopars out to the track and hassle Fords and Chevys, we cant let those Brand X guys have al the fun now can we??

/Tom

Exactly ! Tom and I started this awhile back as a sort of smacktalk deal and to help each other with motivation. Competition is a great motivater.  ;) Of course this is all just for fun and bragging rights. There's allways somebody faster and making more power.  :yesnod:

Everybody is welcome to join in on the fun as Tom said.  :icon_smile_cool:

Pics and a detailed track report will be enjoyable and educational to read.   ;D

We'll have to start a thread later on in the year.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

GTX

Quote from: Mefirst on February 22, 2007, 01:03:23 AM

I plan to cheat by lying about my capability!  :nana:

Ok, I seriously doubt that my car would run against some of you and Ron for one would most certainly clean my clock. I see some serious cars in here and have utmost respect for many of you guys, I'm not worthy.  :bow:

Except for the motor, clutch, scattershield, drive line loop etc I'm pretty much all stock. Most of my money is in the motor.
Bone stock frame, no frame connectors, no cage  etc, 3:55 sure grip and I even have air shocks although I do have an alternate set of gas.   ;)
(I like the 70's nostalgia thing and even have a brand new in the box, yes brand new at 30 years old Craig FM\8 track player and matching period Craig speakers   :icon_smile_big:,   I even have the old trunk mounted air compressor with dash gauge and buttons to pump up the shocks from the drivers seat   O0 :smilielol:  ) 

I doubt the tranny would hold up very long to race duty especially with the blower and I can't afford to rebuild the 4 speed right now with the Charger project and really can't afford to grenade it either. Remember too that if I pull the blower I have a fairly low comp motor.

A couple of years ago I was all gung ho on building a strip only car - likely an early A body I had my eye on and Ron and I were discussing it with him giving me valuable tips.
I even talked with the aforementioned Jessie Sanderson who wants to build a new car and I thought of buying his old Barracuda but since then I've decided on another project first.   

I guess I'll have to watch you guys with envy but maybe someday in the next couple of years.......

Maybe I ought to go run my car once just to see what it would do?

Mefirst

Quote from: GTX on February 22, 2007, 10:02:44 PM
Maybe I ought to go run my car once just to see what it would do?

-Thats the spirit :2thumbs:

/Tom

MorePwr

Cool  :boogie: I'm in...Now how am I going to cheat ::)....Uncle Jessies home brew in the tank of course :yesnod: :drive:

Hey GTX, is that your car with the blower??? (in your avatar) because that aspiration is not normal :o

here's my schedule...I'd better get on it

http://www.pacificraceways.com/

GTX

Quote from: MorePwr on February 23, 2007, 12:03:53 AM
Hey GTX, is that your car with the blower??? (in your avatar) because that aspiration is not normal :o

Yes it is, that's just a special carb adapter that helps it breathe  ;)

The belt is um...air conditioning. Yeah that's it!

MorePwr

Quote from: GTX on February 23, 2007, 12:24:13 AM
Quote from: MorePwr on February 23, 2007, 12:03:53 AM

Yes it is, that's just a special carb adapter that helps it breathe  ;)

The belt is um...air conditioning. Yeah that's it!

oh it's just a big baseplate. I get it ;)

GTX

Well, see those are old Carter A.B.S  carbs and they need a special plate to mount onto that motor.  :angel:

I guess you know what the A.B.S carbs are right? See rule #3.  ;)

I just HAVE to run my A.B.S carbs and then of course I need a way to mount them so.......... ;D

Mefirst

-Well this is how I plan to use Rule # 3 :stirthepot:

This is whats going under the hood of my ride :D

/Tom

mikepmcs

Shaa....boing oing oing oing oing! :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?