News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Things are moving right along for me.

Started by Drop Top, March 04, 2007, 10:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drop Top

I have had more then a few messages asking about an update to the selling of my property and how things are going. We have a map of the property lines, 153.6 acers. I'm actually only selling about 60 acers. Most of witch will be for houses. The top part of the property runs right next to a major hwy (119). I'm keeping 5 acers for myself and 5 acers for my Sister next to this hwy. This will become comercial. Then around 5 acers that will take in my house, my shop, my sister's house witch is right next to me and my Aunt's house witch is next to my sister. The lower part of the property will be left alone for farming, that is a total of 80 acers. Good news is there really is no bad news. The map for the houseing project is now under way. I'm meeting with a comercial guy in about 4 weeks. I will not loose my shop dew to its 50 years old and a land mark. The same with the house that my sister lives in. The shop that I work out of was built by my Father and was the farm shop. The house that my sister lives in was bilt by my Mother's Father and that is where she and her brothers grew up. That house was built in the 30s. The property was bought by my father from my mother's family in 1948. My Grandfather bought the property in the20's. It was all part of a big dairy at the time. My farther couldn't aford to buy the entire dairy at the time but the old dairy barn is only about a 1/2 mile from me, sill stands and can be seen from my front door.

Thats my update. I'm still restoring cars in the old farm shop. I'm doing the finishing touches on a 69 Chevelle SS, 71 Camero R/S just flamed a 37 Ford pick up street rod and now needs to be cleared and buffed. Then put back together. The 69 Hurst Olds 442 is ready to come off the rottisory, painted and put on the frame. The 66 covertable 427 4-speed Vett is now ready for paint. The same for the 47 Chevy wagon (Woody). Last but not  least we are on the starting stages of a 57 Chevy wagon, It will go on the rott as soon as the Olds comes off. And my waiting list continues to grow. I need a bigger shop. Thats one of the reasons for the comercal property. A portion of that will be an extention for my restorations. I plan to do the finnish work there.

As you can see I have been very bussy. Thats why I haven't been around too much and I haven't been able to post or get back to some of my messages.
I knew at a very earlly age what was planed for me. I'm one of the lucky few that made plans and they have come true. Just not as fast as I had hoped for. But God has seen me through the tuff times. He has his ways of doing things and I think him for his blessings. As long as I have customers and my health holds out. I'm still planning on keeping my restoration shop going. I have a son in Washington State that wants to come home and start to learn to take over. I'm working with him to get him back here and see how it works out. He's got a talent just like me. So things might work out that we'll be around along time. Whats cool is that it will be on property that will have been in the same family for over 100 years.

The70RT

Sounds like you got it going on. Good luck in the future  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Troy

That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Great! Things are going a lot better than they were a year or so ago it sounds like.

Old Moparz

Been wondering where & what you've been up to, & glad things are okay. I remember the deal about your property, just not the details. I think it's pretty cool it's stayed in the family that long, that seems rare these days.

:cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

I remember last year you were thinking of pulling up roots & moving to another state. Sounds like you've made things work out well to your liking. :) Thanks for the update & good luck with everything. Working with your son sounds like it would be very rewarding for you both. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)